cafoose

Plowing my driveway as seen on my cameras

cafoose

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell

Your scarin me Chuck.      I hope that WH has a good brake band.      If he coast out onto Rt 462 and gets T-boned by one of those 18 wheelers ......you might end up in downtown York.    :scared-eek:

Let's be careful out there brother.

Cool videos ...thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Blackhood Bill

Moving snow with a blower is nice, but after watching the vids makes me want to put the blade on for good ole days when we didn’t have a blower!:confusion-confused: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cafoose
41 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Your scarin me Chuck.      I hope that WH has a good brake band.      If he coast out onto Rt 462 and gets T-boned by one of those 18 wheelers ......you might end up in downtown York.    :scared-eek:

Let's be careful out there brother.

Cool videos ...thanks.

Thanks for your concern Ed I do make sure I have plenty of time to do what I need to do before traffic gets too close :auto-swerve::scared-eek:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

lynnmor

I plow 3 driveways where you can see traffic 1/4 mile in each direction, it never fails that idiots come within inches of me rather than move over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

cafoose
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I plow 3 driveways where you can see traffic 1/4 mile in each direction, it never fails that idiots come within inches of me rather than move over.

I hate when they stay in the right lane when they have two lanes to use and no one else is near them. When they see me they don't attempt to get over! :ranting:

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Wow! That is scary.

Idiot is the right term for these guys who look as far as the end of their hood and don't move over.

I wouldn't want to do what you're doing there brother, too many idiots on the road.

What is the speed limit on that road by the way.

Mick 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Wow!  It seems the speed limit isn’t 55 like my road, but when I see ‘em 1/4 mile off I scram!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I just watched the videos again.   This really shows the need for a hydro and a plow when removing snow  in these smaller confined driveways.

This is typical of the five driveways that I plow......i.also use reverse as much as forward.    A gear drive would probably take twice as long and there is no safe place to use a blower.

A foot control and a hyd. lift are additions that would also work well for your situation.

Thanks again Chuck for the great videos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I just watched the videos again.   This really shows the need for a hydro and a plow when removing snow  in these smaller confined driveways.

This is typical of the five driveways that I plow......i.also use reverse as much as forward.    A gear drive would probably take twice as long and there is no safe place to use a blower.

A foot control and a hyd. lift are additions that would also work well for your situation.

Thanks again Chuck for the great videos.

What scares me at first I thought I was deaf! Did not hear an old Kohler running! Looks like a lot of fun I might get to do a little bit of that this week. I'll keep my eyes crossed.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lynnmor
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Wow!  It seems the speed limit isn’t 55 like my road, but when I see ‘em 1/4 mile off I scram!

I did the math and found that my Wheel Horse would need to go 37 MPH to get to a place of safety in time.

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell
6 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I did the math and found that my Wheel Horse would need to go 37 MPH to get to a place of safety in time.

A couple pulley changes, a 5 point harness, a helmet and you'll be good to go Lynn.     :auto-dirtbike:

• Haha 1

cafoose
6 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

What is the speed limit on that road by the way.

2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Speed limit is 40 but some do 55 to 60 and there is plenty of visibility

59 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

This really shows the need for a hydro and a plow when removing snow  in these smaller confined driveways.

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

I was using my 876 hydro with manual lift and hand control hydro. I've used hydraulic lift before and I can raise the blade just as quick or quicker with the manual lift.

53 minutes ago, The Tuul Crib said:

What scares me at first I thought I was deaf! Did not hear an old Kohler running! Looks like a lot of fun

My cameras don't have sound. It was lots of fun! :happy-bouncymulticolor:

• Like 2