peter lena

making room for more

peter lena

just got done , pushing back last snow build up , today being mid 30,s , Sunday saposed to get  about a foot , I  think less because of  higher temps, probably end as a sloppy mix , good working tractors and heating things up , pete 

• Like 8

ri702bill

Pete:

Yup, you have to love the southern New England weather! Already checked the fluids and re-greased the chain on the 32" snow blower on the 854. Made throttle adjustments on it and the C81 with the plow - was only getting 2800 or so RPM - now set at 3350. Good Horses all dressed for the occasion, just waiting for the call ....

Bill

• Like 6

peter lena

ri702bill, wow another guy that checked the fluids and dared to re grease the chain , I am very glad that you  regularly maintain your stuff , sure it will pay you back with solid performance. you know when I first got my 36/42 blower  , it was rusty and neglected , now its just the oposet , auger spins by hand and chute moves with ease. where are you in Rhode island  ? I  am only 15 min to the border on 95 north.

RandyLittrell

I thought you were gonna post pictures of a new rack above your current tractors, so you could add more tractors!!! :text-bump:

Randy

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ri702bill

Pete:

I'm in the center of RI, just a bit south of the Airport. I agree it is better to maintain them, as I am the same guy that has to fix them if they break!

Re-greasing the chain is rather simple - I remove the 2 screws and the upper chain guard, "paint" the grease onto the roller chain that is visible, advance the chain and repeat until the first greased section appears. Install the guard and go. I also check the chain tension before greasing - chain was new this year and had to tension it after the first use.

Bill

Edited by ri702bill
added greasing info
  • Like 2

ri702bill

One more item - I remember back in the 70's going to Dubay's in Stonington with my father-in-law to get parts for the 702. Dubay's was the largest WH dealer in the area, now all the red tractors in front are gone, replaced with orange Kubotas.

Bill

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
36 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

One more item - I remember back in the 70's going to Dubay's in Stonington with my father-in-law to get parts for the 702. Dubay's was the largest WH dealer in the area, now all the red tractors in front are gone, replaced with orange Kubotas.

Bill

replaced with orange Kubotas. That is sad Bill. Well at least where have this site and many tractors are being worked and enjoyed. And most important save from the scrap yards.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher

ri702bill

Gary:

You are right - once they are flattened for scrap, they are gone. One local scrap yard culls out the power equipment for resale - but at a HUGE markup with no wiggle room on the quoted prices. The truck always comes home empty when I go there.

Back to Pete's original posting - looks like 6 to 8 coming tomorrow as a coastal storm - those can be tricky. Already did the "milk and bread" run......

Bill

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
12 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

Gary:

You are right - once they are flattened for scrap, they are gone. One local scrap yard culls out the power equipment for resale - but at a HUGE markup with no wiggle room on the quoted prices. The truck always comes home empty when I go there.

Back to Pete's original posting - looks like 6 to 8 coming tomorrow as a coastal storm - those can be tricky. Already did the "milk and bread" run......

Bill

All the scrap yards in my area are under contract and once dropped off, they are gone. I guess a guy could spend his Saturdays hanging out in front of the scrap yards to buy'em before they they cross the scales. 

Randy