71_Bronco

Mount Lights Upside-Down?

71_Bronco

Picked up a set of light brackets for my round-nose Lawn Ranger. They mount to the frame and the "arms" run parallel to the angle of the front of the hood.

Once mounted, I cannot mount a light on top of the bracket, as the exhaust pipe for my stack exits directly above the mount.

Typically I see round lights mounted with the bracket under the mount. Is it bad to "hang" the lights as shown in the picture?

I am going to be getting a new set of LED lights (havent picked out a set yet, but am eyeing a pair from Sylvania).

This tractor will be a "fair weather friend" so to speak, so im not too concerned about rain or snow.

Thoughts?

20210119_171527.jpg

• Like 1

Achto
26 minutes ago, 71_Bronco said:

Is it bad to "hang" the lights as shown in the picture?

I think that they should be just fine hung that way. If you have concerns with water intrusion, seal up any holes with silicone on the inside of the light housing.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

JohnD

The electrons flow just as well upside down.  As Achto said, sealing is the main issue.  My outdoor lights tend to leak from the bottom anyway.  :  (

• Like 2

lynnmor

The brackets are just bent pieces of steel, simply make new ones that are shorter.

71_Bronco
12 hours ago, Achto said:

I think that they should be just fine hung that way. If you have concerns with water intrusion, seal up any holes with silicone on the inside of the light housing.

I was thinking this too, little bit of clear silicone where needed. Thanks :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Got the brackets / lights mocked up. These are not the final lights, but at least give me an idea of what it will look like. You can see how the exhaust exits just above the brackets and why i need to hang the lights. Hood is just loosely on there, thats why it looks a little crooked.

Had to use some spacers to move the brackets out from the frame to clear the flywheel shroud on the Wisconsin motor transplanted it.

I actually like them spaced a little bit away from the hood / frame.

20210123_161800.jpg.511a5da64f6987ab1b7b17fd0f92bcfd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1