RandyLittrell

Littrell family VAC Case

Stepney

Our old Electro 12 has been with the family since it was new, been wanting to get some family together and stage a photo myself. Always liked the VAC Case. 

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Makes me wanna get dad my boy and myself in front of the CC original for a shot now.

• Like 3

RandyLittrell
5 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Makes me wanna get dad my boy and myself in front of the CC original for a shot now.

I wish I had got a picture of my Dad and my kids with the VAC before he passed, just didn't get it done. Now I wish I had more pics of Dad period! He never liked being in the pics and would often take the pictures while the rest of us were in it. 

Randy

• Like 1

Handy Don
12 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

He would often take the pictures while the rest of us were in it. 

Learned my lesson on this the hard way with my relatives and now make a real pain of myself making sure we get pictures of everyone. I tell the resisters that if they won't pose, I'll just keep taking candids in which they might like the way they look even less! I also tell them we are taking the pictures so that we can refresh our weakening memories with pictures of those who are important to us.

I do, also, insist that no one post pictures of anyone to any public media without having explicit permission. Even group shots. That helps.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

RandyLittrell

I posted this pic on a VAC Case group on Facebook and a guy colorized it for me!! 

139100191_3420355038075928_3068048202613630131_n.jpg

Mikey the Monkey

Awesome picture! What's he plowing under?

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Great old picture. A Case VAC was the first engine I ever overhauled. 

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
On 1/21/2021 at 5:03 AM, Mikey the Monkey said:

Awesome picture! What's he plowing under?

I am really not sure. It could just be weeds that had grown up or he might have planted a cover crop. Now that I have grandkids and I'm the oldest Littrell now, I wish I had asked more questions!

Great grandpa and grandpa were both passed on by the time I was a baby. I was always the type of kid that loved to listen to the stories the adults told though. I am afraid my kids don't do that so much, many more things to hold there attention these days! 

Randy

BrianX128

I've got a 52' also that was my grandfathers, I'm sure there are older pictures somewhere. Whenever him and my grandmother had passed away my wife and I were moving into the house, it hadn't ran for a good 7 or 8 years since he had passed at the time and didn't have a starter, just a hand crank which was fun. I got it running and have a back blade and a woods finish mower for it which are both useful on the property, I decided once I got it to run I was going to restore it as best I could. I gave up once I got to the engine, maybe I'll do it someday but it looks interesting as is. Still makes a good bit of power for what it is, doesn't use any oil or anything and three point hitch and hydraulics still work well. About the only thing remotely wrong with it is the steering always feels "loose" in the front axle, linkage is all tight but in road gear on nice flat ground the front end "wonders" back and forth without the wheel or linkage moving at all. I've also since removed the totally incorrect headlights.

case1.PNG.458bd9ab1c5668ec0738c75c55ce5447.PNG

case2.PNG.d16ae2d889d31a8262b06cebaf8cb79e.PNG

case3.PNG.a83693c9ded6ef7faa2625b24ace7767.PNG

Edited by BrianX128
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don
12 hours ago, BrianX128 said:

I've got a 52' also that was my grandfathers, I'm sure there are older pictures somewhere. Whenever him and my grandmother had passed away my wife and I were moving into the house, it hadn't ran for a good 7 or 8 years since he had passed at the time and didn't have a starter, just a hand crank which was fun. I got it running and have a back blade and a woods finish mower for it which are both useful on the property, I decided once I got it to run I was going to restore it as best I could. I gave up once I got to the engine, maybe I'll do it someday but it looks interesting as is. Still makes a good bit of power for what it is, doesn't use any oil or anything and three point hitch and hydraulics still work well. About the only thing remotely wrong with it is the steering always feels "loose" in the front axle, linkage is all tight but in road gear on nice flat ground the front end "wonders" back and forth without the wheel or linkage moving at all. I've also since removed the totally incorrect headlights.

Dandy lookin' machine you've got there, glad you are enjoying what it does for you in work and in keeping memories alive.