Mattgray

Wheel horse 1974 b80 snow plow

Mattgray

Hey guys new hear but got myself a 1974 b80 that I was looking to to eventually put a snow plow on. Questions I have is what would fit my tractor? Are they any other modifications I need to do to make it fit? And where do I find one? Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

You will need a plow for a short frame tractor. Only mod you might need is some weight for the rear tires.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

Any "Long Frame" grader blade will fit your needs with the addition of a piece of 3/4" round stock and a couple cotter keys. The one called for in '74 was Model # 6-2131. You will also need the rear axle mounting bracket.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, Achto said:

short frame

Dan a 74/5 B80 is a mid-frame. I've used long frame plows on mine with good success. 

@Mattgray :text-welcomeconfetti:

We'd love to see pictures of your tractor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Tractorhead

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

Mattgray

Thanks you all for the responses and welcomes. I supposed I will need to be on the lookout locally for a long frame plow then! Might need some more help on the install when I find one. I will get some pictures uploaded of it soon. thanks again

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Mattgray said:

install

The only other thing you're going to need is a rear axle bracket which are readily available for sale and sometimes even come with the plow.

Super easy installation.

Mattgray

might be a silly question, but how do I know if a plow is a long frame plow vs a short frame? is it based off the model number or?? also what is the rear axle mounting bracket.? thanks again

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Mattgray said:

might be a silly question, but how do I know if a plow is a long frame plow vs a short frame? is it based off the model number or?? also what is the rear axle mounting bracket.? thanks again

IN basic terms it comes down to the fact that a short frame plow frame is specifically shaped like a TRIANGLE from front to rear.

The ones built for a long frame have a section of parallel Steel towards the back that is probably half the length of the frame.

That's what most of them are.

There are breakdowns on the site maybe in the information section or manual section?

Rear axle bracket is the piece that bolts onto the square pieces of your rear axle just inside the wheels and that's what the back of the snow plow frame attaches to. 

• Thanks 1

Rob R

Go with the long frame plow will work great B80 is basically the same as a C81.  The machine one of the best snow plow combinations on earth...... 

Wheel Horse C81 2.JPG

Wheel Horse C81 3.JPG

Wheel Horse C81 4.JPG

Wheel Horse C81 5.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
34 minutes ago, Rob R said:

the best snow plow combinations on earth...... 

Maybe second best Rob.   :ychain:102_2454.JPG.e6fe77861913eb59c993e6667bf83ed1.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

RandyLittrell
On 1/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, Mattgray said:

Thanks you all for the responses and welcomes. I supposed I will need to be on the lookout locally for a long frame plow then! Might need some more help on the install when I find one. I will get some pictures uploaded of it soon. thanks again

I bought one that didn't fit my tractor because I got it cheap and then was able to trade it for the one I needed. Keep those things in mind when looking. Of course a guy could just then buy a tractor to fit the new blade! It's a slippery slope!! 

Randy

• Like 1