Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

My weekend haul

Kelly

I bought somestuff off CL and made a tractor swap with another member wheelhorse 1045 maybe he needs to change his user name now because I have his 1045 :drool:

Anyway we started 6:45 sun morning went to Ft wayne IN to get my white wall tires, then to Plymouth IN to pick up another CL find a 50" sickle bar just the gear box and cutter bar but after getting it home and looking closer I think it is new, very dirty and some rust but the teeth, and the paint under the grime are like new the teeth look to have never cut anything, after picking that up off to Niles MI. to do the tractor swap, yes I had a trailer and a C-160 in tow all this way, passing through south bend I spotted a WH for sale at a barber shop, with other tractors and stuff by the building, I passed it by but about a 1/4 mile up the road I turned around and stopped for a peek, I called the no. on the for sale sign and they lived next door so I talked to the guy, he used to work at the WH factory and helped the Ponds get parts back in the begining when they built lever steers :drool: super nice guy, but he told me he just sold almost all his WH stuff to one guy :omg: the stuff that was still there was restored and better than new, anyway I bought a pair of cub rear fenders the orange things, and a rear grader blade, I sold a set of those rear fenders last year for $200 on ebay so I hope I can do that again to help recope some of my trip and goodie money I spent, then off to Archies house (wheelhorse 1045) to swap tractors and buy a parts tractor a 633, then I picked up a pair of front hub caps, spare 1045 front tires and suit case weights from him, Thanks the weights match nicly with the ones I have, then I made a stop at teady bears house and Al (Illtackle) was there, we had a nice small meet and greet talk tractors for a few hours then we headed home, I drove for 12 hours with stops and covered 500 miles but had a good time with my son and daugher they made the trip with me.

100_2089.jpg

100_2088.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2090.jpg

Brian1045

Kick A** haul you got there!

That 1045 looks like an awesome candidate for an easy restore.

:omg:

TJ

Nice haul. Great story. :omg:

Eriks Red horse herd

Kelly you finally got your sickle mower all you need now is the frame, handle and a few other things and you'll be mowing weeds! nice setof white walls. and those hubcaps look new!!

HorseFixer

Nice Haul there Bucko! You keep getting those goodies ya may have enought to sway me on that HY3 :omg:

Kelly

Thanks guys, the hubcaps are nice and complete a set, I'll piece together a sickle bar if I have to, like Johnny Cash one piece at a time, You looking for a set of Cub fenders Duke? maybe a rear blade? that's all that I'm going to get rid of.

HorseFixer

See you keep torturing me! Getting all this fancy good stuff and throwing Ole' Duke the scraps <_< By the way the 1055 carcus is at my offsite storage building :omg: I got tired "O" waiting on ya had to resort to plan B. :drool:

big mike

Kelly,I'll take those 20.00 fenders :omg:

Wish I had know you were within a few miles....would have been nice to meet you.

Kelly

Sorry Mike, I was getting pressed for time, by the end of the day, I did good but still got home and had a BBQ to go to at the inlaws, and I paid $20 for the fenders.

Suburban 550

Great story and alot of nice stuff. :omg:

sorekiwi

Kelly, PM sent.