briankd

c 145 eaton 1100 question

briankd

never owned one of theses before . when you change oil does it all drain out like the manuals do and just put the 5 quarts back in thru the dipstick ? i know there is a filter that needs changed. also guess there isn't any valve that you move to get this to roll by hand ? wife pushed it into the garage when it arrived but when i went to push it took all i had to push it . can't believe she pushed it about 15 foot  

953 nut

You will probably only get about four quarts of oil drained. The filter should also be changed, it is a NAPA 1410 or Wix 51510. Refill through the dipstick hole and go slow. a piece of wire along the side of your funnel will give you transmission a vent while filling.

Push the speed control lever forward when you want to push the tractor.

20 minutes ago, briankd said:

wife pushed it into the garage when it arrived but when i went to push it took all i had to push it . can't believe she pushed it about 15 foot

Don't cross her, sounds like she could get the best of you.          :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

JoeM

No bypass, pushing 15 foot by hand should not have hurt it. They say not to tow them.

1/4" hex alen plug in the bottom. Warm it up then drain. To refill use the dipstick and remove one of the 3/8 bolts in the top of the case to relief the air.

1410 NAPA filter is a good filter.

10w30 oil up to 5 quarts but more like 4 1/2 with the filter change. Fill, test check use the stick for fill level.

I use IH rated tractor trans fluid in now, seems to be much smoother and quiet. It is a 10W30 weight with  a good additive package for hydros / transmissions.

The oil is Traveller 590901 Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid is a specially formulated, premium multigrade (SAE 10W-30)

Edited by JoeM
  • Like 4

briankd

thanks guys 

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
15 hours ago, briankd said:

valve that you move to get this to roll by hand ?

There is on mine.  Not easy to get to,  but it does have one.

I use the WIX 51410 fi!ter on mine.

EDIT: I may be mistaken... Just did a little searching and the 1100s I've seen have the filter out the rear.  Mine is behind the right rear tire.  Do I have the Sunstrand?

Yup, looks like Sunstrand, so as Emily Latella would say, "Never mind!"

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

squonk

Same filter,same oil, same procedure. I use Mobil 1. I run the 10w40 version in my C-160. Seems to work better in the summer heat than the 10W30 did.

briankd
22 hours ago, JoeM said:

No bypass, pushing 15 foot by hand should not have hurt it. They say not to tow them.

1/4" hex alen plug in the bottom. Warm it up then drain. To refill use the dipstick and remove one of the 3/8 bolts in the top of the case to relief the air.

1410 NAPA filter is a good filter.

10w30 oil up to 5 quarts but more like 4 1/2 with the filter change. Fill, test check use the stick for fill level.

I use IH rated tractor trans fluid in now, seems to be much smoother and quiet. It is a 10W30 weight with  a good additive package for hydros / transmissions.

The oil is Traveller 590901 Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid is a specially formulated, premium multigrade (SAE 10W-30)

may have to check my brother farms and has 55 gallon drum of the IH hy tran what IH uses in their trans and hydraulics . think same as the cub cadets use in their rear end hydro's 

JoeM
3 minutes ago, briankd said:

may have to check my brother farms and has 55 gallon drum of the IH hy tran

Yes, same stuff, works good in the couple machines I am using now. 

briankd

thanks for the help guys may have some more questions  latter on