ebinmaine

Home made hand dolly I bought

JoeM
32 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

A ladder

There ya go, Take a small step ladder, add some wheels, handle and it could be like a Swiss army style two wheel cart. 

I say it needs a small tool box.

Who can add to this idea?

• Like 2

lynnmor

Needs a headlight/work light.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

formariz

One could add two swiveling wheels up top so it can be used horizontally. They would not be too disruptive when not in use.

• Like 3

ohiofarmer

Have you guys ever seen a lean back style "elevator" cart?  You can put as many bags of feed or bales of hay as they will hold, and they tilt toward the operator with hardly any effort. impossible to overload the solid rubber tires with lifetime ball bearings.   wanna pic of one??

We had a thread a while back that was about converting a tool to a use not intended. i love that kind of stuff, and as a farm kid, we always hit the scrap pile to invent new things.....

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

headlight

Always one o them around. Actually 4 of them...

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, formariz said:

One could add two swiveling wheels up top so it can be used horizontally. They would not be too disruptive when not in use.

I like that..

ranger
1 hour ago, JoeM said:

There ya go, Take a small step ladder, add some wheels, handle and it could be like a Swiss army style two wheel cart. 

I say it needs a small tool box.

Who can add to this idea?

Very versatile things are “sack barrows”, I’ve collected broken ones in the past, usually with damaged/missing wheels etc, I’ve welded on axles and wheels from scrapped “wheelie bins”, (small mobile trash bins in the UK). (An advantage of having local authorities as customers!). I would then attach a post to the axle, 90* to the handles, this post would be vertical when the barrow was laying down with handles on the ground. To the post I attach an electric fencing reel and/or insulators. These have allowed me to have easily movable fencing for “strip” grazing etc, in the horse paddocks. Much easier than hammering in temporary fence posts! I will “post”, pardon the pun, some photos tomorrow when I am at the field. Photos will show how the things are used.

Merry Christmas,

Stay safe.

Doug.

Edited by ranger

formariz
17 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

Have you guys ever seen a lean back style "elevator" cart?  You can put as many bags of feed or bales of hay as they will hold, and they tilt toward the operator with hardly any effort. impossible to overload the solid rubber tires with lifetime ball bearings.   wanna pic of one??

We had a thread a while back that was about converting a tool to a use not intended. i love that kind of stuff, and as a farm kid, we always hit the scrap pile to invent new things.....

Many many years ago while working in hospitals hanging lead lined doors for x-Ray rooms I used one of those to transport doors to the jamb. It made hanging door also easier since it was already basically upright. Two of us would then just wheel it into the right spot, easily stand it up totally upright and just slip bottom hinge first into the mortise, installing only the very bottom screw. Then we would just pry the bottom front end of door using the cart and slip the other hinges easily into the mortises. Those doors depending on their size and how much lead they had in them sometimes weighted around 500LBS. Cart made it really easy.

• Like 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, formariz said:

Cart made it really easy.

Right tool always makes the job easier. Way back when, my then young bride asked why I needed so many different saws. Now she explains it to others!

• Like 4

Digger 66

...other goodies ?

Whoops , nevermind . I misread your post .

I thought you got the cart , a ladder and "other goodies" .

That's pretty cool .

I still have the old Magliner I "borrowed" from my bed-buggin days !

Edited by Digger 66

squonk

Now Trina has something to move things around with! :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1

formariz
1 hour ago, squonk said:

After watching her pickup the engine do you think she really needs it?

• Haha 3

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:                  1712240604_201954.jpg.02b2c4860c0bae1a7b7aaf470af8fdf6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, squonk said:

1 hour ago, formariz said:

After watching her pickup the engine do you think she really needs it?

You guys are AWESOME!

I s'pose even she has a Limit though I've not found them yet. 

The impetus for getting this dolly was/will be for the K582. 

It's only 178 lbs.....

Handy Don
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The impetus for getting this dolly was/will be for the K582. 

It's only 178 lbs.....

Finally acknowledged the engine was just too big and used a come-along hoist on my recent engine removal and install. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Finally acknowledged the engine was just too big and used a come-along hoist on my recent engine removal and install. 

I have a chain falls that hangs from a bit of unistrut. 

I'll move that to the basement workshop for the build. 

• Excellent 1