slim67

mini backhoe

horseyheaven

Yes, that is an Allis-Chalmers 616, 620, or 720.  Simplicity Powermax 4041 and 9020 would be the same. (Simplicity had the grey or white hood depending on year)  They are very good tractors that were built very heavy duty.  Allis-Chalmers or Simplicity is the only other brand that I will own besides Wheel Horse.  

• Like 5

slim67
12 minutes ago, horseyheaven said:

Yes, that is an Allis-Chalmers 616, 620, or 720.  Simplicity Powermax 4041 and 9020 would be the same. (Simplicity had the grey or white hood depending on year)  They are very good tractors that were built very heavy duty.  Allis-Chalmers or Simplicity is the only other brand that I will own besides Wheel Horse.  

Simplicity still builds good tractors although they are pricey. Thats an Onan they put in those isn't it?

WHX??
30 minutes ago, horseyheaven said:

Allis-Chalmers or Simplicity is the only other brand that I will own besides Wheel Horse.  

I'd take an older Case someone was to give me one. :)

• Like 3

slim67
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

I'd take an older Case someone was to give me one. :)

ld take any tractor someone would give to me:text-thankyouyellow: whether id keep it is another story.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

horseyheaven

Yes, that should have an Onan motor in it.

• Like 1

Achto
12 hours ago, horseyheaven said:

Yes, that is an Allis-Chalmers 616, 620, or 720.  Simplicity Powermax 4041 and 9020

I could be wrong but I think that Simplicity also hung the Homelite name on that model  tractor. 

Herder

I don't know what it is but I like it!!!  Go get it!!!  :auto-layrubber:

slim67
22 minutes ago, Herder said:

I don't know what it is but I like it!!!  Go get it!!!  :auto-layrubber:

No I'll pass on that one. You get first dibs.

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton
21 hours ago, slim67 said:

I thought this is a cool little backhoe for not being your typical Kubota or other brand scut. They have it for 5000 which isn't too bad considering used Terramites seem to go for 8000 and up. 

image.png

Nice piece!  I love my NH TC35 but there are times I'd like something smaller like this, a Terramite or any decent GT with both would be nice BUT I have gotten so used to 4WD.  But I still look for a crazy bargain on one.  I remember lifting a pine tree that I'd never have a problem with if I had weight on the rear and my BP went up as my tractor teetered on only the right front tire!  Even with the backhoe I'll notice that the FWD is off when trying to fill the bucket because it still lifts a lot of weight off the rears but with the FWD it just shifts that weight to them and then they dig in and fill the bucket.  My experience with a FEL is you need LOTS of counter weight, FWD and power steering to get the full benefits of that bucket.

slim67
2 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Nice piece!  I love my NH TC35 but there are times I'd like something smaller like this, a Terramite or any decent GT with both would be nice BUT I have gotten so used to 4WD.  But I still look for a crazy bargain on one.  I remember lifting a pine tree that I'd never have a problem with if I had weight on the rear and my BP went up as my tractor teetered on only the right front tire!  Even with the backhoe I'll notice that the FWD is off when trying to fill the bucket because it still lifts a lot of weight off the rears but with the FWD it just shifts that weight to them and then they dig in and fill the bucket.  My experience with a FEL is you need LOTS of counter weight, FWD and power steering to get the full benefits of that bucket.

Yes especially the counter weight. Ive seen the back ends of loaders come up off the ground a few times. Ive seen a D series with loader and backhoe before too but I can't remember what site I saw it on. Allmand is another brand of mini backhoe and Im pretty sure Ive seen a Case 446 with a backhoe .

DennisThornton
6 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Yes especially the counter weight. Ive seen the back ends of loaders come up off the ground a few times. Ive seen a D series with loader and backhoe before too but I can't remember what site I saw it on. Allmand is another brand of mini backhoe and Im pretty sure Ive seen a Case 446 with a backhoe .

I'm a very fond of the CASE all hydro series but don't own one.

Allmand?  Never heard of such:

2793d153c67e7491bc499170b6986840

• Like 1

slim67
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

I'm a very fond of the CASE all hydro series but don't own one.

Allmand?  Never heard of such:

2793d153c67e7491bc499170b6986840

The Allmands I don't see nearly as much as Terramites. Theres another manufacturer of small rubber tire backhoes but I cant remember the name. Funny thing about Terramites is as long as they have been making them, I never see old machines for sale. Either they just didn't make that many or Im not looking in the right spots. They originally used Power King as the tractor and I also have seen their backhoe attachment for Gravely walk behinds a long time ago. Must be rarer than hens teeth.

DennisThornton

I've owned a Power King for 30 years or so and while I'm familiar with the Terramites I too have never seen one first hand.  Would like to, even better if it were sitting next to my PK.

slim67
18 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I've owned a Power King for 30 years or so and while I'm familiar with the Terramites I too have never seen one first hand.  Would like to, even better if it were sitting next to my PK.

They tool rental companies are probably Terramites biggest market but sadly with competition from other companies like Kubota and the other SCUT manufacturers, I could see them going out. My in laws were considering buying a used Terramite for their electrical business but I convinced them to go with a tractor simply because you can remove the backhoe attachment , put the hitch arms on and pull whatever. You cant do that with a Terramite and I doubt that a new one is any cheaper than a SCUT outfitted with a loader and backhoe. It would certainly make even more sense that a tool rental can sell more use from the SCUT, rent it with the hoe or without .

• Like 1

slim67

Himage.png.54f0413229677b0945ef46282e8d331f.pngimage.png.54f0413229677b0945ef46282e8d331f.png