Pullstart

Yard Machines 8 horse 26” blower by MTD

Pullstart

This was recently on the curb new my brother’s house.  Free / doesn’t start.

I had to disassemble the controls tower to get it in our Suburban.  I stuck it back together tonight, TIRNED THE GAS ON, and one pull it was running!

It aughtta do for someone, I’ll stick it on CL after an oil change (looks new still!) and some fresh gas run through it.

4F7CE444-8042-4D93-9922-0F64B740915E.jpeg

AADAFBBA-3EDB-4D5E-ACA0-48D4151FF104.jpeg

D2638138-9095-40CC-BB4D-92121973374F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

JAinVA

Geez, what some people throw away. Kev that is good trading stock. Thing looks new!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Yerr pritty bright to remember the gas switcherer. 

I'm guilty of getting awful flusticated (yes that's a real word) when some machine or another won't start. "Is the gas on?". 

Nope.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH

So wait... there’s a switch for gas? And... you mean you can put more gas in them and they keep working...? Wow! I thought you just bought another one when it stopped... :confusion-confused:

Amazing... good catch! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

peter lena

pullstart,  I have had mine for 24 years ,bought it new , added some conveyor belt material to the thrower blade edges , to increase wet discharge . regularly rub it down with MMO to preserve and enhance paint . never really had many problems with it . use 5-30 oil and rislone zinc oil enhancement . plug in starting , a very solid unit , pete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
46 minutes ago, peter lena said:

pullstart,  I have had mine for 24 years ,bought it new , added some conveyor belt material to the thrower blade edges , to increase wet discharge . regularly rub it down with MMO to preserve and enhance paint . never really had many problems with it . use 5-30 oil and rislone zinc oil enhancement . plug in starting , a very solid unit , pete 

It seems very solid and sound, I’m sure it’ll treat someone very well for many years!  I still have one more truck with a 7-1/2’ plow, no real need for another blower for myself.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

WHNJ701

Reminds me of the time I saw the like new free push mower,  the guy came out and said it  wouldn't start.  I noticed right away the airfilter was clogged.  Took the air filter out gave it a pull fired right up.  He was happy when I told him I wasn't going to take it.  

Unfortunately not everyone has basic mechanical knowledge anymore.  Teach your kids!

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, jabelman said:

Unfortunately not everyone has basic mechanical knowledge anymore.  Teach your kids!

best suggestion ever

👍

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 3

Handy Don

I tried my best to teach and when they went to college they all brought toolboxes with them. "What'll we do when we need to fix something if we don't have tools, Dad?"  I loved that question.

• Heart 5