Shed

allis chalmers ca

Shed

I'm looking at this allis chalmers ca not a fan of trikes but planned area is all flat. Looking for options on it price is open so I dont know what to even offer. Also plan is to pull a corn planter mostly and a 6 foot disc behind it. It does run but was told carbs rough. I'm going to look at it Saturday. The rear tire was told is good but needs a tube. The rjs I feel will just take a beating trying to pull a 2 row planter so looking for something bigger. 

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

Those old  Allis' are tough. They always do well in the tractor pulls

horseyheaven

They are a darn good tractor.  We own two of them.  One is a tricycle and one is a wide front.  We have most all attachments for them and run a 6 foot belly mower with one of them.  Definitely get the carb rebuilt.  You will be surprised how much power they have for their size.  They are a small tractor with a big attitude!   We have always run Allis-Chalmers from small to big tractors And they have treated us well.  If you have questions, let me know.

Shed

Thanks it seems like a nice tractor from what I hear because it has a somewhat modern pto not like the 8ns. We are looking to put in an acre of sweet corn love to get the planter for the tractor but I hear and imagine they are hard to find if any in working conditions. 

Stepney

She looks intact.. dunno how your market is, here in Maine something in that shape would run right around 1,000..

Be wary of the rims, if they were calcium chloride loaded they could be rusted out and that isnt cheap.. has the power adjustable wheels for tracking width, thats a nice feature.

Watch for smoke, oil pressure, and odd noises.. cant really go wrong as long as it's not too worn out or full of hack repairs.

T-Mo

From a collector's standpoint, the narrow fronts are more desirable than the wide fronts, though owners who used these go looking for a wide front to mount to their tractors.  Some with regret as the narrow fronts are a lot easy to steer.  There is at least one AC forum that I know of plus a few facebook groups for the ACs.

https://www.allischalmers.com/index.aspx

Shed

So we went and looked at it today. It starts right up runs carb still needs a rebuild for 100 percent. Tractor has a nice patina to it with all the lettering and labels still able to read. Tires are bad. Has wheel weights and front weights. Somethings on it dont work drivers side brake spring and some other things I just dont know what they do. It has a single hydraulic output but no return and a two wire hook up. Not sure what that's about. It's not charging the battery but would just go route of 12v rewire if I got it. They are asking 800 obo