pfrederi

Dangerous looking Auction score

Ed Kennell

Yeah that mower is a little scary.   On first glance I thought those prong guards were spinning.

pfrederi

The do turn around but not under power I guess it is supposed to help guide the weeds to the blade??

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

That’s what you call a OSHA Special...! :auto-ambulance:

Pretty cool looking! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Couple great finds there Paul

echris

I love deathtraps like that machine. Nice find!
When I was a kid, I worked on many machines where I would stand there and scratch my head for a few minutes before even daring to try and start it, "Hmmm, can't really say for sure what this machine is supposed to do. Let's look at her a spell and see what's going to try to maim me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6wheeler

That is a cool looking cut/chop/maim. Piece of equipment. All of those safety features?:scared-eek: Who wouldn't want one :jaw:. Reminds me of the old Jeri mower I rebuilt a couple years ago. Oddly enough? And? I still don't understand? Every time I took it out to run it? Mrs. 6wheeler always grabbed the grandkids:romance-grouphug:. Just cuz it could run away cutting off everything in its path? Is NO real reason to be afraid. Good Luck. Get some cast Iron boots:ROTF:.

• Haha 1

adsm08

I see nothing wrong with this unit. Looks safe to me.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Maxwell-8

Times where they dare to make dangerous machines, cause people weren't that stupid back then. And didn't sue everybody for everything.

• Excellent 1

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Times where they dare to make dangerous machines, cause people weren't that stupid back then. And didn't sue everybody for everything.

A lot more back then had 1 arm or 1 hand too.  Both my grandparents said that all farm equipment was really dangerous stuff back in the day and a lot of accidents happened whether they were stupid or not

Maxwell-8
48 minutes ago, jabelman said:

A lot more back then had 1 arm or 1 hand too.  Both my grandparents said that all farm equipment was really dangerous stuff back in the day and a lot of accidents happened whether they were stupid or not

I know a guy, that lost an arm with a chainsaw, but i am convinced that that equipment these days would cause more casulties.

Accidents happen quicker then you think, my God protect us all.

Edited by Maxwell-8

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Accidents happen quicker then you think

I've worked hard to train myself to be cautious around machines. It is a lot more convenient to work on tractors and such with a full set of fingers, two working legs, and good vision. Conversations are much more fun with good hearing. I own and use dangerous machines but deeply respect their potential to maim me.

Today was working with my son using an Alaskan chainsaw sawmill. We took our time and will have some nice cedar boards too use on a project. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I've worked hard to train myself to be cautious around machines. It is a lot more convenient to work on tractors and such with a full set of fingers, two working legs, and good vision. Conversations are much more fun with good hearing. I own and use dangerous machines but deeply respect their potential to maim me.

Today was working with my son using an Alaskan chainsaw sawmill. We took our time and will have some nice cedar boards too use on a project. 

I was taught from a fairly young age that the day one stops fearing the machine you're using is the day you should stop using that machine. 

I refer to the ancient definition of fear ... "fear or a specific sense of respect." 

• Like 3

Pullstart
On 12/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, ebinmaine said:

I was taught from a fairly young age that the day one stops fearing the machine you're using is the day you should stop using that machine. 

I refer to the ancient definition of fear ... "fear or a specific sense of respect." 

I know a guy who used to be on the safety crew for the Indy races.  Run into a fire to save someone, run across track with cars still moving... etc.  He says the day you start to second guess what you’re doing, it is time to get out of the profession.

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I know a guy who used to be on the safety crew for the Indy races.  Run into a fire to save someone, run across track with cars still moving... etc.  He says the day you start to second guess what you’re doing, it is time to get out of the profession.

I bet he had PLENTY of that sense of respect.