D_Mac

Sad day .. Hurts to say good-bye

D_Mac

Well 2 of my all time favorites found a new home the other day. The Lambert I took as far as I could go, the Speedanza was one of a kind and one of my favorite all time tractors. Gentleman came to look at the Speedanza and wound up making me an offer I couldnt refuse on the Lambert. I am glad they were sold to a guy who really appreciated them for what they are. Guess I will be looking for a new project in the spring. Someone hand me a tissue :crying-yellow:

20201021_125021.jpg

20201021_130139.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 6

Achto

It's hard to let them go. :( I have turned down some really good offers on some of mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

bottjernat1

Same here very hard to let things go. In my case a lot of what I own was my late dads. A lot of good memories.  I need the money right now I am struggling but sometimes you I just cant sell even tho I should. I wont let my family suffer but I wont just sell because. We have my wifes commando v8 for sale to help us out. She don't really want to sell and I don't either but out of everything we have we decided to sell it. my wife gets choked up and i do to but you do what you have to to take care of family. I have already sold a few of mine to help. We are at that point tho where we will most likely keep what rare other machines we have. We own around 15 machine the ol commando v8 is number 16. We will miss it very much when or if she gets sold. We have lots of good memories. My wife bought it from my late dad many years ago. 

IMG_20201010_180329851.jpg.62fafeae910973db8c37252497e2d309.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Heart 2

johnnymag3

Please PM me....

John               :no:DONT SELL THAT TRACTOR

Edited by johnnymag3

Gregor

I know the feeling. I know that Lawnboys are not the same as tractors, but since June of this year, I have restored 17 of them. Now I am paying $75 a month to store them. Once I rebuild something, I just can't sell it. I did sell a JD once, and have regretted it ever since. I now have 6 garden tractors in storage at home. I have bids out on 2 more. Somethin's gotta give somewhere.

• Like 1

WHNJ701

I just tell everyone I am going to sell the "next one".

• Like 2

johnnymag3

They become such a part of me, each Wheel Horse is very individual and has their own temperament  and sound..... When I get ahold of one, I give it all it needs to be as perfect as possible, and to be dependable and reliable. Some tractors take 100 bucks.....others take 500 !!   It all depends on how far you want to take them, or make them perform to a high standard. Some are so darn original that its a shame to even shake a paint can near them....others beg to be restored so they may live another 50 years or longer. it all depends on what you want and can afford. All in all since they are Wheel Horse tractors to begin with, you can expect them to be durable, long lasting, rugged as hell, and affordable to maintain. What's one more?  Another gas can??...GO FOR IT....        :)

D_Mac

Yeah I have bought and sold many many tractors. Once in a while you stumble upon one or two you dont really want to get rid of. Those 2 were ones I would have rather kept. On the bright side is does make room for what ever the next one will be. Winter coming so I most likely wont pick up another one until spring. Some of you follow some of my projects. It is something I enjoy doing. I dont make much money when I sell them, I just like being able to breathe a little more life into them. Most of the ones I do are replaceable, these two however were ones you dont see very often. I still have the Simplicity up for sale, work on that is complete. If I have to keep it much longer I am going to order some chains for the tires and keep it to snow blow my driveway with. Never used a tractor to do the driveway, curious to see if I like it better then using my walk behind snow blower.

rjg854

I can understand what you're saying, I just sold a 1076. Sure liked that tractor, but it does give me more room in the horse barn. I like finding them going through them and bringing them back to life. And on to the next one. I still have 6 horses, so I'm not lacking for tractors. So when you sell one it's like selling a part of you.

• Thanks 1