Sign in to follow this  
Redbird

June Show

Redbird

This will be the first show for my hubby and me. I could use some help with directions AND the cost toper night to camp. We are palnning on getting in Wed night or Thursday. Coming from Middletown MD I know how to get to 81 North. i need the exit # and directions from there. :omg:

We are relly looking forward to coming to this. Bringing 3 ponies with us. Mine on the truck and 2 of his on the trailer HAHAHHAHAHA. I get to haul all the camping gear and bedding and food hee-haw hee-haw lol I feel like the mule! Pictures to follow soon. Thanks!

rustbucket

:omg: for starters if i havent said it yet. i honestly forgot how to get there since last year but i know someone will be along shortly to help ya out who knows what they talking about.

Sparky

Go to Mapquest.com or a site like it and enter;

615 Narrows Rd.

Biglerville Pa.

See ya there!

Mike..........

Buzz

You can't enter the fairgrounds until either 8 or 9am Thursday morning. You can stay over Saturday night and leave for home on Sunday. If i remember correctly it was $20 for the weekend if you stayed thursday or Saturday night. If you just camped on friday night it was free. They have some sites with electric now now but haven't heard where in the fairgrounds they are or how much a night for them, first come, first served.

CHARGER9AUTO

Go to Mapquest.com or a site like it and enter;

615 Narrows Rd.

Biglerville Pa.

See ya there!

Mike..........

Mike, I would love to attend the show in PA . It's Dad's turn to have fun at this Antique Ford Collectors Car meet held the same dates as our show :omg::drool: he bought the '37 Ford V-8 restored (by the previous owner he bought it from last year I think. ) Next year it's my turn to attend the 2010 Wheel Horse show with the 418-A. Ben..... :drool:

Sparky

Next year it's my turn to attend the 2010 Wheel Horse show with the 418-A. Ben..... :omg:

Then I guess I'll see you in 2010.

Mike.....

WHC-125

I dont think I am going to be able to make it because I havent even booked a hotel yet. And if I go I cant bring anything. PM me if you can help me out and maybe I can get ready last minute.

Sparky

Have you even tried to book a place? Are ya picky? Try the Blue Sky Motel. This will be my first time there but for half of what the Hampton Inn cost me I'll take the chance and its only 6 miles from the show.

There are lots of Hotels/Motels in the area so I cant believe everyone is full yet. Its not a reguirement to have a tractor to putt around on and I didnt bring one my first 3 times to the show. I will have one this year and if you ask real nice I'll let ya cruise around on it :omg: .

http://www.blueskymotel.com/

Mike..........

Nick

http://www.wheelhorsecollectorsclub.org/ Has directions just click on events.

I went to the show for 7 years and never called for hotel reservations more than 2 weeks ahead of time. A couple years I think it was 3 or 4 days before the show.

CHARGER9AUTO

Then I guess I'll see you in 2010.

Mike.....

I C-ya at the 2010 Wheel Horse show Mike. Ben.....

bowtieguy

I made my first WH show in 2006....flew to Harrisburg, PA and drove rented car and stayed in Gettysburg...(won't stay there again)...made the trip again in 2008...flew to Baltimore, drove rented car and stayed in Chambersburg.(won't fly into Balt again)...if I ever make another show, I'd fly to Harrisburg and stay in Chambersburg...nice chain name motel for 49.95...with a Waffle House close by.

Or if I ever make it to another show, I might drive 1200 miles each way in a rented RV and stay in fairgrounds for a week and eat Jerry;s roadkill stew everyday.(free) :omg::drool::drool:

PS...better ask Duke's wife (MJ) before you reserve the Blue Moon Motel...(or is it the Blue Sky?)

HorseFixer

PS...better ask Duke's wife (MJ) before you reserve the Blue Moon Motel...(or is it the Blue Sky?)

Uhhhhh dont ask me about that cause it costed me buying an RV I heard about it all the way home :omg: All I know is when she saw cockroaches crawl outta the wall I knew I was in trouble! Yikes! :drool:

Redbird

Hey Mike and All!!! Thanks so much for the addy. I have a GPS. Now, with a physical address, I can get there with no problems :drool: I will be bringing my 1989 211-5SB pony. It even has teh original seat! As far as I know, hubby is bringing the Raider--one of only 110 (so I was told) still in running condition. I'm not sure which other he's going to show yet, but, we will have 3 total. I can't wait!!! I'm a country gal from the Northeast, so this sort of thing is right up my alley lol. Looking forward to meeting you all there. Thanks again. :omg:

here 4 the horses

i know this is a really saddd question but i havent been on here for a long time..when is the show in PA

Coadster32

As long as it's not the blue oyster, we're ok! :omg:

Sorry Chris, (WHC-125), this is our getaway from the two kids, so no tag-a-longs this time. Perhaps next year if Diane doesn't have a good time.

HorseFixer

As long as it's not the blue oyster, we're ok! :drool:

Sorry Chris, (WHC-125), this is our getaway from the two kids, so no tag-a-longs this time. Perhaps next year if Diane doesn't have a good time.

There must be some kinda inside loke about the BLUE OYSTER :omg: prolly one of those funny kinda places :( :drool:

Sparky

i know this is a really saddd question but i havent been on here for a long time..when is the show in PA

Its June 26-27th. Hope to see ya there!

Mike......

oldandred

There must be some kinda inside loke about the BLUE OYSTER :omg: prolly one of those funny kinda places :(:drool:

O duke its just the place you need to go to.

HorseFixer

Jerry Ill wait outside for you! :omg:

here 4 the horses

I GOT A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE THATS GOING!. how are we going to meet up i would like to meet a few guys but i dont know there faces....is everyone going to be at the R/S tent??

HorseFixer

I GOT A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE THATS GOING!. how are we going to meet up i would like to meet a few guys but i dont know there faces....is everyone going to be at the R/S tent??

Jeff I dont know if there is going to be a Red Square tent so to speak but I do plan on having my RED 15 X 10 tent there along with my Red Square banner flying I am hoping some others will bring their tents also maybe we can kinda like hook them together. Look for a Red tent that says HorseFixer Duke & MaryJane! :omg:

Wheel Horse Fan

So is there typically a decent amount of tractors for sale at this show? Perferably something newer and not a restored show piece.

Buzz

So is there typically a decent amount of tractors for sale at this show? Perferably something newer and not a restored show piece.

There is usually a ton of tractors for sale. Everything from show queens to rust piles to workers both old and new. You will probably find what you want.