ORNUM

North Yorkshire UK.

ORNUM

Hi, 

Luckily found useful RedSquare site with really knowledgeable enthusiasts, after searching for hours; no, days.. for help in UK.

Putting time in after summer on my 264-6 72062 (Kohler CV14S 1472 engine) Drive pulley has disappeared. Been gone 2 months now and nowhere to be found.

Think may have gone out with scrap from workshop, and desperate for replacement now. Tried all Toro guys in UK (not many of them!) to no avail.

Part No. is 92-6888 I think, but....... Just thought perhaps one of you guys might have one be able to help as a last resort before I've to shell out a fortune for new + shipping.

Me. - Retired Engineer. Happy to pay reasonable etc....

Anyway, fascinated by site now, so will carry on browsing.

Thanks,

Harry M. 

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

8ntruck

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of good folks here.  

gwest_ca

Recheck your part number.

I see 93-0321 used on models 72042 and 72062

I see 92-6888 used on models 72043 and 72063

It is a problem when a parts list is shared with similar models.

If you want me to check again post your tractor's serial number.

Garry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

ORNUM, welcome !  take advantage of gwest offer and opportunity , send him any related information you have , there has to be an available drive pulley out there , when you can let us know , pete  

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The 93-0321 replaced part number 78-6641 and 78-6641-03.

See if this link will open for you.

https://www.psep1.biz/arinet.asp#/s/TO//93-0321/1/

If it opens on the right side you will see "Where Used". Click on "Select Model" and it lists the parts lists that contain that part number. Those will also open. With shared lists there may be exclusions also.

Price is much better but still in the USA.

Garry

Stormin

Welcome to Red Square, Harry.

Meadowfield {Mark Smith} isn't that far from you. Skipton way. He or his son Ewan, (C-121uk) may be able to help. Send either one a PM.

• Like 2

ORNUM
7 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

The 93-0321 replaced part number 78-6641 and 78-6641-03.

See if this link will open for you.

https://www.psep1.biz/arinet.asp#/s/TO//93-0321/1/

If it opens on the right side you will see "Where Used". Click on "Select Model" and it lists the parts lists that contain that part number. Those will also open. With shared lists there may be exclusions also.

Price is much better but still in the USA.

Garry

Got it. Thanks. - Will see what Kohler/Bryco say, see about mailing costs etc., and then probably 'bite the bullet' with psep..

Appreciated.

Regards,

H.

ORNUM
On 10/18/2020 at 11:59 PM, ORNUM said:

Got it. Thanks. - Will see what Kohler/Bryco say, see about mailing costs etc., and then probably 'bite the bullet' with psep..

Appreciated.

Regards,

H.

Messaged psep Saturday to see if they could mail 93-0321 part to UK priced to include mailing.

No reply so far, but fingers crossed! - Thanks for all help. Appreciated.

Regards,

Harry M.

meadowfield

What does pulley look like? We must be able to make one!

ORNUM

Hi,

Thanks for interest. Don't have exact specs. (Know that bore is 1" obvs!). Hours of trawling the 'net have only brought closest on Google search for Toro 93-0321 which brings up 'images for Toro 93-0321' showing 3 images against a 1" scaled grid suggesting T-shaped profile, approx. 3 1/2" top pulley, but no keyway specs/shaft length etc., and hard to judge.

Great minds think alike, as we do have access to some decent engineering shops/associates, but hey-ho.... (We have splashed out on a new PTO also - it was missing as well!)

However, found what seems to be the only one in UK at Cheshire Turf Machinery for the very reasonable price of £115 + Vat + £12 delivery! (I jest about the 'very reasonable price' bit!!),

but that's the cheapest from anywhere, bearing in mind US mailing costs to UK Toro agents, who "can obtain", or ourselves. Guess we'll have to bite the bullet, as no good without..

Regards,

Harry Munro

meadowfield

So a 1” 1610 taper lock bush plus a pulley. How big is pulley?

ORNUM

See where you're coming from, and thanks for interest. By studying the Google images I mentioned, appears to be a 3 1/2" , but could be 3 1/4.... Difficult to judge.

With the pulley uppermost on the crankshaft, there seems to be a slight 'top' to the pulley bore, and the pulley bore then extends downwards  by what would seem to be a critical length to allow contact fit with top bearing of the PTO, (on same shaft keyway) through which passes the bolt (95 - 100mm M10 x 1.5) into bottom of crankshaft. The PTO then pushes up to said extension of pulley, and holds PTO and pulley together tight to crankshaft.

Hope that kinda makes sense, but under the circumstances, the overall 'height' of the pulley profile is the critical part for pulley and PTO to come together on the crankshaft correctly.

As I said previously, have scoured the 'net for hours, no days, to find this pulley's specs, but to no avail!  

Regards,

H