Greentored

let's discuss adding weight to attachments?

Greentored

Far from a seasoned GT veteran at the 10 month mark, but one Horse has turned into a stable full, a 10" Brinly plow, rear scrape blade, disc, spike drag, front mount plow, home built brush rake, and of course a wagon. One thing that seems to hold true across the board (especially the disc and scrape blade) is they just dont 'do' that great without some added weight, especially on hard ground. Adding weight is easy, transporting around the property with that extra weight is not, let alone trying to yank up on the lift handle with 5 or 6 concrete block strapped to a disc, building an arm like Popeye, and wondering when that cable is going to call it quits ha.

Just wondering what you folks have done to remedy this situation.  Right now considering trying to fab up a wheel of sorts to lift attachments from the back, a direct link instead of a cable, and converting the rear mount scraper blade to a mid mount with down pressure.

Lets see some ideas!

Edited by Greentored
  • Like 1

ebinmaine

We don't have most of those attachments at my place but I'd be curious to see what pops up here....

bottjernat1

Well this isn't osha approved but when we were kids and my late dad did this with my daughters to. We use to ride on the disc that dad pulled behind on the 8n ford. LOL It was super fun and bumpy!

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, bottjernat1 said:

Well this isn't osha approved but when we were kids and my late dad did this with my daughters to. We use to ride on the disc that dad pulled behind on the 8n ford. LOL It was super fun and bumpy!

Yikes! :scared-eek:

Just make sure when you fall off to fall backwards...

Good reminder: If you think OSHA is a small town in Wisconsin, you’re in trouble... :D

• Haha 1

Greentored
On 10/9/2020 at 9:11 AM, bottjernat1 said:

Holy crap!

ebinmaine
On 10/9/2020 at 7:02 AM, Greentored said:

Right now considering trying to fab up a wheel of sorts to lift attachments from the back, a direct link instead of a cable, and converting the rear mount scraper blade to a mid mount with down pressure

Just wondering if you made any modifications...?

Greentored
On 12/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, ebinmaine said:

Just wondering if you made any modifications...?

Nah, that went out the window with many of my other 'squirrel' moments:lol:

• Haha 1