T-Mo

Meet My New 1949 Farmall C

diesel cowboy

That's a pretty decent looking machine.  Don't think I've ever  seen a C with a single front wheel before just the narrow two.  If the cracks in  the rear tires aren't too bad it might be worth  the time to try and put tubes in them till you feel like springing for a new set.  I've done that a few times on customers machines at work and most of them are still running the old tubed tires years later

• Like 2

Achto

Nice looking ol' girl.:handgestures-thumbupright: The tricycle front is not a very common option.  

dcrage

A “C” could pull that 2 bottom plow??

ClassicTractorProfessor

Good looking tractor...I have came close to buying a C or Super C a few different times...seems to be about the right size for my needs. I love my Super M but it’s a bit big for most things I do...love the single front wheel

T-Mo
15 hours ago, dcrage said:

A “C” could pull that 2 bottom plow??

Yes, in certain soil conditions.  The literature for the C said it was a two bottom plow with 2-12s or a one bottom plow, 14 or 16 inch bottom.  I'm not that certain it will pull 2-12 plow here in Missouri, but the plow was free.  I have been looking at a No. 3 Little Wonder plow in southeast Illinois on CL, but it's missing a lot of parts.  I don't know if I could buy it and swap parts of this Little Genius or not.

Cs usually came with the 2 wheel narrow front, or a single wheel narrow front, or you could opt for the adjustable wide front, all from the factory.  About all the Cs and Super Cs I've seen around here have the two wheel narrow front.  This is the first I've seen of a single wheel narrow front.

• Like 1

T-Mo

I found a free tire on rim that's about the same size as what's on my C, so I'm headed north tomorrow to pick it up.  It's free and if it's in better shape than what I have on the C, it's going on the C.

I pulled the wheels off the plow yesterday and will be getting a couple of used 16 inch tires mounted.  The wheels are held on by a lock nut, a pin, and the cap and the rim includes a lot more than I'm used to.  I'll have to take a picture of what one looks like.  I'm hoping a tire shop can handle these since it's a bit different than what they're probably used to.

The C will need a new pivot bolt for the seat, the rubber bushings in the one on it are shot, plus I probably have to cut the old bolt off to replace the bushings.  Also, I can get a new aftermarket steering wheel from JP Tractor Salvage in Fredricktown, Missouri for $25.  And I have to replace the throttle control lever assembly.  JP has them used for $30.  I need to find the time to get down there and get those parts, plus see what else they have that I need.

http://jptractorsalvage.com/