bottjernat1

Crazy stunts and stories with your horse!

bottjernat1

I wanted to start a topic on what crazy stunts and stories people have about there wheelhorses. Past or present. One story I have is our first wheelhorse was my sisters 753 It was the first wheelhorse my late dad ever bought we use to pull around a full blown hay wagon all the time with it. But the craziest story I have is when i was around 19 or 20. I put a set of duals on it and drove it threw my grandpas swamp  I was sitting in water and the fly wheel was spitting water at me. That old horse was unstoppable. We beat on it and it always kept taking it. Its stuff like this that makes me love this old iron. This is some photos of that 753. 

FB_IMG_1491042149670.jpg

FB_IMG_1491042161872.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Previous owner, my brother, lost front wheel bearings and therefore wheel. Made it into a 7-wheel drive using the lawn mower long enough to get it to the garage... Actually steered - sort of...

image.png.d351fc4b18cd7cf843c4ab65f3824497.png

image.png.2285f7994e46d2a96eb676718651e258.png

• Excellent 4
  • Haha 3

rjg854

I sold a tractor to a fellow that came to the house with a 24 foot trailer behind his truck. Needless to say there's no place for him to be able to turn that thing around using his truck. So I told him to unhitch the trailer and I'd use one of my tractors. So I got out the 854 and backed the trailer out of the way so he could turn the truck around. Well backing the trailer was no problem, but pulling it was a different story. Once I started forward to be able to pull it to his truck, he had to hold down on the front of the 854 to keep it on the ground. But it did it.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

bottjernat1

These are awesome stories keep them coming. I think we are all a bit nuts sometimes. Trying to push these old gals to there limits sometimes. LOL

Pullstart

Crazy?  Maybe.  Jane likes to rear up, she’s one of those wild women who you’d least expect to get all kinds of crazy.  For being one of my lightest... she sure does have a lot of bite!

C7731177-A98F-46F1-A9AA-DED7C9478E08.png

444D8849-9BC3-4F53-A1B2-6C8FA260F3F1.jpeg

C67C84A7-37F0-4CC4-987D-9A817311B4D7.jpeg

8C7D8D9B-FD9D-4AC7-8415-2E3E6A6437BD.jpeg

473B090C-F535-4090-A1D2-E74077272D6D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Putt Putt, in his former glory... had some cool 12” car tires out back.  Traction was not a strong suit.  Our old driveway had a loose section of gravel and sand that would always wash out.  This was before I knew the value of weight on a tractor.  Mrs. P and I were dragging something up the drive once, It was 6-7 years ago and am don’t recall what we were doing... but she was driving and those street slicks were beginning to spin.  I had a great idea to jump on the hitch to aid in the traction category and just then it reared up too, like Jane can.... except it didn’t stop coming up!  My wife got kind of skeered when I was behind her seat, yet was able to push the nose of the hood away from us.  That day, she swore she’d never ride a Wheel Horse again.  That’s why I like front weight too!  Putt Putt has all kinds of traction and weight now, but the front hanging weight and filled front tires keep it tight to the ground and driving forward!

23BE7FE8-F06E-4A9B-B014-DE986AD90419.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 5

bottjernat1

Ok so see the Allis in this photo all the way to your left? I tried to move it with my daughters supped up workhorse 800. Me and an old friend budged it that was about it. LOL This horse is still in the family. This old beast has been sold to non family and out of state people twice then bought it back. I finally sold it to my late dad cause i needed money he gave it to my daughter and dad said there now you cant sell it. He said as many times as we have sold it it keeps coming back. She is a lifer! LOL This was from around 1998 or 1999 i was 17 or 18. 1999 my oldest was born. This use to shine like a new car. It has a now worn out but still working 12hp old Tecumseh with a Kohler carburetor. It also has under body red neon lights, and a tow motor horn.  

20180113_153339.jpg

FB_IMG_1577322318359.jpg

FB_IMG_1577322334448.jpg

FB_IMG_1577322337353.jpg

FB_IMG_1577322351875.jpg

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 2

Maxwell-8

Haha, The first time I got a Horse, My raider 10. We had a visit from a mole, making tunnels, just below the grass. They were clearly visible, and we couldn't mow because of it. My raider wasn't yet running (waiting on bearings and a carb) I decided to use it for it's first job. pushing the tractor up and down the hill. pushing those tunnels back down and making the grass level again. I knew why I don't have a subscription at the gym that day. pushing 500lbs up and down is a workout by itself!:text-lol:

It did got his first job done successfully! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3

Snoopy11

I... have quite a few... but here is one!

I was over helping my neighbor with some trees that had gone down in one of our Indiana thunderstorms... 

He has a big Kubota tractor with loader, grabber, etc. 

I had HellHorse.

He had the grabber on the front of his tractor and was grabbing brush from one of the trees. I had hooked up the chain to HellHorse, and 1 of the big logs we had cut off the tree. We had both taken our loads back to the woods, unloaded, and gotten out of the woods, and gotten on the driveway. He was in front of me. I decided to show some muscle. I got in the grass beside him... I looked up at him, he looked down at me. He went full throttle... I went full throttle. I peeled out ahead of him, with the front end picked up off the ground about 6 inches. I pulled in front of him. When we got up to his little shop... we both got off our tractors, he came over... shaking his head. "Damn that thing is fast" he said.

The next time I went over to his land ...his dog bit me. Coincidence? I think not... :laughing-rolling:

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keith of kent

Not me but I heard of someone who tow-started a Land-Rover with a Wheelhorse!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2