Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

Anyone a wiring wiz kid out there?

zieg72

I am taking a K341AS from a C165 and putting it on my 520H. I am planning on taking the loom from the C165 and strip the wiring completely off the 520H and save it should something happen to my other 520H. I would like to retain the hour meter and gas gauge if possible. Can anyone draw up what I need to do. My goal is to install the 16 on the 520 and get it going on the hydro then switch over to the 8 speed after I make sure the hydro is good when I make it all pretty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bow_Extreme

Take the wiring diagram you have for the 520H. Break out the parts you want to keep and trace the wiring down that's currently on the tractor. It's pretty straight forward and I'm not a wiring guru. Put in the proper fuses which you already have in the 520H.

04fxdwgi

I have a wiring diagram for my '93 520H, but it's too big to post.

I can e-mail it to you, if you want

zieg72

I have a wiring diagram for my '93 520H, but it's too big to post.

I can e-mail it to you, if you want

Thanks for the offer however I want to use the C165 wiring on the 520. Does anyone have a 1983 C165 wiring diagram they wish to share. I really would like to retain the Voltage meter and gas gauge from the 520 and add the amp gauge from the C165, and of course have headlights. I really want to get rid of the safety switches as well.

Bow_Extreme

The gas gauge is nothing more than getting power to the sending unit in your tank which is only 2 wires, one wire, power in, and the other sending out to your gauge. Ther gauge would also need to be powered if I remember correctly. Your amp meter is nothing more than measuring current from the stator. I could be wrong but you would probably measure current at the voltage regulator on the Kohler. Headlights are nothing more than power to the switch.

04fxdwgi

Thanks for the offer however I want to use the C165 wiring on the 520. Does anyone have a 1983 C165 wiring diagram they wish to share. I really would like to retain the Voltage meter and gas gauge from the 520 and add the amp gauge from the C165, and of course have headlights. I really want to get rid of the safety switches as well.

I suggested that so that you could "add" the missing wiring to the older harness to make it compatable w/ the 520H.

Your call........