pfrederi

Salsa day

pfrederi

Planed some Burpee super sauce tomatoes.  made 18 pts of salsa from 18.5lbs of tomatoes.  Green peppers from the garden but onion from the store.  Cilantro from the herb garden.  The biggest was 1-1/3lbs most around 3/4lbs .  Very meaty

sauce1.jpg

salsa2.jpg

salsa.jpg

sauce2.jpg

sauce3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine

Awesome!!

Skwerl58

Great job on the salsa. The deer jumped my 6 1/2 fence and destroyed my tomatoes, beans and cukes. Added extra row of wire and didn't stop them. Going 8 ft this winter

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8ntruck

Looks good.

pfrederi
1 hour ago, Skwerl58 said:

Great job on the salsa. The deer jumped my 6 1/2 fence and destroyed my tomatoes, beans and cukes. Added extra row of wire and didn't stop them. Going 8 ft this winter

Three strands of poly electric string only two hooked up  Top is at 4 ft. Heve never had a deer problem   See then all the time in the yard they eat the hosta, prune my trees stand under the wild apple tree right behind the garden waiting for drops.  but do not bother the garden.  heck  only turn the fence on early in the year.  They seem to learn and have a memory.  Now if I could figure put how to keep birds from pecking holes in the tomato and howto keep late blight at bay....

JoeM
4 hours ago, pfrederi said:

late blight at bay

I don't garden anymore but in the past I used calcium tablets dissolved in warm water. I would dump a few ounces at the base of each plant the first week and then a month or so later. Most blight around here is just blossom rot. 

• Like 2