Sign in to follow this  
bell

1054 tires...

bell

Well, I have been searching for rear AG tires for my 1054... I think I found some.

The original size is 6.40-15 I have not been able to find any in this size. :omg:

I did, however, find some that are very close, but slightly larger... Goodyears made by Titan. They are 6.70-15 but are on backorder and will not be available for several months.

And, I found some that are also close. a 5.00-15... I really didn't want to put "bigger" tires on the rear, so I think these are what I'm going with.

Here's how they all size-up...

Stock 6.40-15 26.9" tall / 6.4" wide (recommended 4.5" wheel)

Goodyear 6.70-15 28.8" tall / 7.4" wide (recommended 4.5" wheel)

Noname 5.00-15 25.9" tall / 5.7" wide (recommended 3.5-4.5" wheel)

As you can see, the goodyears are almost 2" taller and I'm really not going for the "raked" look... the extra width would be cool, but not the height.

The nonames are much closer in size. 1" shorter than stock... And only about 3/4" narrower. I'm thinking that the size difference might be less drastic with the 5.00-15.

Also, the price difference is pretty substantial... $110 PLUS shipping, EACH for the Goodyears... and $82.73 SHIPPED for the no-names...

Any input is greatly appreciated! Jon

clintonnut

If you wanted close to stock i would go with the goodyears.

I am probably going to get the American Farmer 7.60x15 tires from M.E. Miller because they will give the tractor a better profile. They cost $85.00 each

ol550

I have the American Farmer on a GT-14. The only thing is the 6.70 looks funny on the 7" wheel. I will be mounting them on my 953 wheels that are 4.5" and I'm sure they will look much better. Then put 7.60's on the GT-14. :omg: Mike

ohiofitter

Tire size conversion chart

I found this tire conversion web page I don't know if it will help you our not but here it is

bell

Thanks for the input... I think the only way to find out, is to order a set and try them....

The nonames are closer in size to the stock ones than the goodyears. (1" shorter than stock vs. 1.9" taller than stock)... And .70 narrower than stock vs. 1" wider than stock...

Charlie, After looking at the 7.60-15's, I can't wait to see them on your tractor! Them bad boys are 30" tall and 7.90 WIDE... Should have a pretty good rake going on! :drool: I'm looking for more of a "stock-ish" look for mine... Even though it will have an 8-speed transmission. :omg:

So I guess I'll order a set and try them... I'm probably just kidding myself anyhow, comparing sizes from different manufacturers. I have seen as much as a 2" difference in ACTUAL size between manufacturers in the "same size" tire.

Kelly

Jon I have a set of ags on rims from a 953 that are in good shape, I can make a pile with the grille....

bell

I went ahead and ordered a pair of the 5.00-15's... If I'm not happy with them, they'll probably find their way onto one of dad's 2-wheel walkbehinds... :omg:

Message sent Kelly!