Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Will it fit???

whfan74

I have an opportunity to buy a 48" bagger that fits on a 520xi. I am needing a bagger for my 312-8. I haven't been able to find an answer to this question as of yet and was hoping someone could help me out.

I need to see if this will fit my 312-8 without any modification or very little as possible.

:omg: for your help!!!!!!

mcwh1950

if it for the 37 inch deck, you will have alot of modification to due . i personal think it will not work.

also in you signature your have a 1980 c 85 with a 37 inch rd. if you have a picture of the deck i would like to see it.

wh500special

The 42"/48" baggers have a spindle-driven, integrated blower on the discharge chute elbow to help get the clippings up the tube. The 37" Sd deck will usually sling them up there just fine with only the high lift blades and the deck's generous airflow. Some of these powered baggers also have a counterweight that attaches to the left side of the deck to keep it level under the weight of the discharge chute and blower assemblies.

This bagger will not be a direct fit for you.

BUT, all is not lost.

Since the 5xi uses the same Unidrive as the 312, I suspect the bag unit will hang on the back of the tractor just fine and will use the same or similar mounting points. The tubes that convey the material to the bagger will be the primary differences, but you might be able to search the Toro MPV for the tubes intended for the 315 tractor to see what you can find. You may have to back up a few years to find the 37" deck because somewhere along the line I think they switched to the 38" version which is substantially different.

Alternately, you might be able to easily adapt the bagger to a 42" or 48" deck for the 312. 12 hp might be a bit light for a 4-footer with a bagger though.

You might have to improvise the tubes and elbow, but if you can scrounge enough parts listings you might be able to make the mods using all OEM parts.

Better yet, just get a 5xi tractor and you'll be set.

If you decide against it and find that the bagger is cheap enough and shippable (how's that for making up words) I might be interested in it for my incoming 5xi.

Steve

whfan74

Thanks guys for the great input. It wouldn't be that good of deal at all. Someone contacted me about it and wants it gone. Of course their price tag is $400 on Craigslist up in Michigan but they need it out of their garage so they said make an offer. I don't think I would be able to get it cheap enough with so many unknowns and many headaches ahead of me.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to enlighten me before I made a bad purchase on my end.

I will keep my eyes out for a correct one.

jtmoyer

scott i may have a line on a 42" deck and a vac bagger, i know it is a few hours drive for you but let me know if you are interested i think $400 would take them both.