RandyLittrell

Graduation party

RandyLittrell

We recently had some kids hold a huge graduation party of over 300 and now over 50 have tested positve! And I have it from a good source that two girls that were there gave it to there mom and none of them are self quarenteening. Makes me pretty mad, our governor refuses to make anything manditory, leaves it to local, which isn't either. 

Just thinking we could be done with this and back to work, if everyone would have done their part! 

They didn't even hide it. 

Randy

IMG_9142.jpg

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Sad 5

dcrage

And thus Missouri is now ‘leading’ the nation in rate of increase of Covid cases  

• Like 2

953 nut
10 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

we could be done with this and back to work, if everyone would have done their part!

444600725_AmenBrother.jpg.5248463addda3a8a3044edb7bd77af94.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

sometimes I think graduations and wedding receptions are more for the parents to show off and one up another family than it is for their kids.

• Like 5

RandyLittrell

I forgot to mention, this was in my town 5 miles from my house. Our Sonic had to close for a week and a convenience store for a few days for cleaning, supposedly someone worked there that tested positive. 

Randy

Alex175
11 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

Just thinking we could be done with this and back to work, if everyone would have done their part! 

This is exactly it, we are not showing a unified front on this, it started with the politicians, and it spread to the people.  Too many people have tried to make this pandemic about politics, when in the end Covid doesn't care what your political ideology is.  Oftentimes I do not agree with the state leadership here in CT, however I believe that they have handled this extremely well so far, and last I checked we are one of only two states right now with declining numbers, and for the first time in a while had a day this week with no Covid related deaths.  For us to be fighting each other over if we should wear masks or not while our fellow citizens are dying is not only childish, but unconscionable.  Wearing a mask and social distancing is not succumbing to tyranny, it's just basic human decency.  

• Like 5

Alex175
1 hour ago, squonk said:

sometimes I think graduations and wedding receptions are more for the parents to show off and one up another family than it is for their kids.

Having got married last year I am so beyond grateful that neither my parents, nor my wife's acted like this.  We were especially concerned with her mother who can be that way sometimes, and when she offered to give us money for the wedding we were nervous that she would want control over it.  Thankfully like I said from the start both sets of parents told us that it was our day, we should do what we want.  In the end we had a quick ceremony, and held the reception at a local distillery, our primary desire was for everyone to come together and just have a good time, it was casual and fun.  To date I have yet to hear a complaint, and everyone tells me it was one of the best weddings they ever attended.

• Like 3

CCW
22 hours ago, Alex175 said:

This is exactly it, we are not showing a unified front on this, it started with the politicians, and it spread to the people.  Too many people have tried to make this pandemic about politics, when in the end Covid doesn't care what your political ideology is.  Oftentimes I do not agree with the state leadership here in CT, however I believe that they have handled this extremely well so far, and last I checked we are one of only two states right now with declining numbers, and for the first time in a while had a day this week with no Covid related deaths.  For us to be fighting each other over if we should wear masks or not while our fellow citizens are dying is not only childish, but unconscionable.  Wearing a mask and social distancing is not succumbing to tyranny, it's just basic human decency.  

Agree, agree.  Living in CT has not impacted my need to travel to RI to see my mother.  I wear a mask whenever I go out to store.  When working at Habitat for Humanity we all wear masks all day long.  Even in this 90 degree weather.

• Excellent 1

RandyLittrell
On 7/23/2020 at 7:45 AM, Alex175 said:

Everything I read says the NE has done very well and its because your smart and care about you neighbor, not because your sheep! Thumbs up for doing well!! 

Randy

• Like 1

squonk

This weekend my backyard neighbor had a big birthday party. One block over there was a big wedding reception at a house. People all over the place and NO MASKS!! :angry::angry-cussingargument::angry-tappingfoot::disgust::disgust::disgust:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

JoeM

I miss the Big Show, I even miss that boring, over paid major league baseball, I know its back, but I missed it. I been invited to several party's, no go. I am keeping my cards close to my chest and my circle small. 

i am tired of people comparing this to the flu, well the flu doesn't fill the ICU with folks on ventilators. If it is this or that, what ever it is; I DO NOT WANT IT!

Those that are non compliant are simply weak minded and irresponsible......period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
12 hours ago, TractorJunkie said:

keeping my cards close to my chest and my circle small.

:text-yeahthat:         Our church has been conducting worship on Face Book Live for over four months and will continue with that even after we reopen. A survey of the membership was conducted last week and the majority of the membership is eager to return to in-person services after a vaccine has been developed, but not before.

It is unfortunate that large gatherings like our "Big Show" were unable to be held this year, but we will all be that much more eager to attend once this has passed.

• Like 2