Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Mystery Horse

whfan74

Hey I received an email from a gentleman last week telling me had a Wheel Horse but didn't know which model he had. His description was "it's big, red, and rusty....it also has headlights on the side of the hood, 32" rear tires, and a brush hog" Of course I knew that couldn't be correct so I thought what the heck I will go and check it out. He was only a 20 minute drive.

Well....I would post pics if I could take them but this tractor was in a storage condo buried by so much stuff I couldn't even get to the tractor itself. But the first thing I noticed was the headlights and grille. It is a D 180. Now on to the adventure. The motor has been pulled and is in pieces. Someone put a different head on it and it was wrong so it was taken off again and there it sits. It does have the correct 18 hp Kohler but I don't know if everything is there or what kind of shape it is in. From what I could see of the tractor it is solid but who knows....it is literally buried. It comes with a 60" mower that is PTO driven :omg: , a 56" snow plow, roto tiller, looks to be a brinly disc, WH rear plow, some other brand seeder, and a junk aerator that looks to be homemade.

So obviously this tractor has a rear pto and I am guessing the 3 pt. set up.

There are just too many unknowns about the tractor itself, hydro????, engine????, what do you guys think it might be worth? I am sorry I couldn't get pictures.....barely could see it with the human eye. :drool:

Ball park figure?

Bow_Extreme

Without pics it's hard to tell. If the attachments are in good shape therte worth a bit of money. I would think it's worth fixing. It all depends on what your plans would be for it. It will need some cash investment to repair it. Ask the guy what he wants to get out of it and go from there.

Jim_M

Considering the attachments it comes with you couldn't get hurt if you gave $1000.00 for it and had to part it out. I would start low since it's basicly sight unseen, you can always go up but if you start too high it's pretty hard to go back down.