Sign in to follow this  
hudog

C-series / 400 series hydro swap?

hudog

Are the hydrostatic transmissions compatible between the C-series tractors and the 400-series tractors? I'm looking at a parts tractor, but would like to know if the transmissions were the same.

thanks,

George

SE Minnesota

Kelly

I'm going to say no they are sunstrands in the older tractors and eatons in the 300,400and 500's you might be able to change the whole thing but you would probably need a parts tractor, to get all the right piece's

Sparky

If you get C-125, C-145, C-165 from 1981-1983 (Black Hood era) you'll have an Eaton 1100 which should swap right in. Kellys right about the older C's having Sundstrand trannys.

Mike...........

plowmaster

i was just thinking of swapping my trannsaxle from the 416-h into my charger, witch will end up being a restored tractor for the garden. basically the rear in the charger leaks like a sive after run a bit, and i want to have power lift for future garden attachments.

with the charger axle out, i would repair that and put it in the 416, witch would primarily be a lawn mower, so i dont mind using the lever to lift the deck and dont need the hyd lift.

both tractors are complete, so i dont expect it to be a very hard swap.