RAM

Hello,

I have a 414-8 I would like to put a 2" receiver hitch on. I see awesome hitches as I look through pictures. I like the type that allows use of the rear front plow hitch and also has braces that attach to the drawbar pin. So bolted to the axle and pinned to the bar. Looks really strong.

Who is offering these for sale currently? 

Ron

Wheel Horse of Course!

RAM

Thank you for the response. I saw a hitch made a few years back by Scott (n1???)? Are you fellas familiar with that hitch? Is it still being made? The one you recommended does look very good.

Ron

stevasaurus

I have one of the hitches that Scott's buddy made.  It is excellent as well.  Scott is smoreau...his buddy is n1defan.  I am not sure they are doing those hitches yet.  Maybe contact @Funengineer (Dave) he may know.  I want to say Lowell's are pretty much the same plan.  :occasion-xmas:

WHX??

There was another guy who made a nice one, Tom Ruprects, Ruprects welding,  I think his name was. He was a vendor here at one time and was also selling them on fleabay too. Haven't seen him in a while tho. 

WHX??

RAM

I ordered the first one you mentioned from Lowell. I may order one of the front hitches as some point also. I have looked at both of these designs several times over the years and am finally taking the plunge. I just sold one of my other brand tractors - a Case 442. I am concentrating on only Wheel Horse going forward. I have three by the way a 310, 414 and 315. Love them all and want to equip them to do more. I am thinking of putting my Johnny bucket on the new rear receiver hitch. Fab a bracket to hold the bucket at an upward angle to retain whatever is in it. Basically use it as a powered wheel barrow. Will have my plow on the front. The 414 will be my utility machine. The others are mostly for mowing. The Johnny Bucket will also get a sand bag or two during winter for rear traction improvement plowing snow. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine

@RAM

All us 5 year olds love pictures.

Please feel free to make a thread in. The introduction section with pics of your fleet.

You've found a great place for all things Wheelhorse... Or for that matter all else..

Achto
5 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Here's the one I want to cajole Dan @Achto into making for the front attach ..... 

Looks easy enough.

• Like 1

RAM

Well I got the hitches that you guys recommended. I had looked at them before, just needed a little encouragement :D. Both are really well made. The rear hitch was a little challenging to install. I did have to remove the right side rear wheel. Sent some pictures of one application for the rear hitch. Front will probably get a weight stack at some point as well as a winch. Also have some narrow wheels and Tri-ribs coming. I'm really enjoying this - wanted to do some of these things for quite a while. 

WH1 WH2 WH3 WH4

• Like 1