Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

FINALLY!!!! My search is over...for now

Hodge71

:drool: Gents, finally some good news for once :( Today I finally.Got meself a horse. Its a 1995 Toro Wheel Horse 416 hydro with hydraulic lift. It has a 48 inch side discharge deck thats very solid, with 4 sets of blades that look ok just need resharpening, a new set of blades on the deck, it needs gauge tires and antiscalp rollers though. It also came with 4 chrome wheel covers, 2 brand new black wheel weights for the rear wheels, tire chains, and get this, a brand spankin new 44 inch two stage snowblowerer that was bought new in 1997 and was kept in the original crate in their shed until last year when the original owners son-in-law put it together and put it on the tractor. He used it 1 time this past winter to clear his driveway, it was run for about 15 minutes, not even enough to scuff the paint. He told me it threw snow darn near 40 feet. THIS THING IS CHERRRRY!!! The tractor has a little over 1400 hours on it , which seemed just a little high to me, but he told me he remembers more than a couple occasions when his father-in-law accidently left the key on and ran the battery dead (could cause excessive hours). ITs by no means perfect but its solid, just needs a body hammer and dolly and some paint. The pto clutch is slippin a little bit, but that should be easy to fix with a small adjustment to the trunion on the rod (lotsa room left). The question I have is what the heck is powering this thing. The Toro website says its an Onan powerplant, the tractor says Toro Power Plus, and the owners manual says Kohler Magnum twin so Im really cornfused. Too dark for pics tonight but I'll try to figure out how to post em tomorrow. :drool: I gotta figure out what to do with the snowblower too, cause I have a 250 foot long stone driveway and snowblowers and stones don't mix well.

More updates in the morning guys talk to yas tomorrow. :omg:

Sparky

I have a "95" 416-H and it has an Onan motor and I suspect yours does too. Great tractor with plenty of power.

Mike.........

Jim_M

I also have a 95 416-H and it has a P-216 Onan. It says Toro performer plus on the air filter, they all do, but it's an Onan. It's one of my favorite working tractors. I also have a 48" deck on mine and it does all of my mowing at my house. I have 340 hours on mine now with absolutely no problems.