Jump to content
jabelman

engine by kohler, powered by yellow jackets

Recommended Posts

jabelman

yesterday pulled some of the tins off the case 220 for its repainting when whack! 1 got me in the back of the head.  bee stings really don't bother me but this one even today feels like someone hit me with a hammer,  today I found where the nest is it's under the engine tins,  I gave it a quick spray with the useless raid bee spray, this weekend I roll it out and fire it up and let it run for awhile and hopefully roast them out.

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
JAinVA

Best thing to kill any insect is brake cleaner.I shoot down carpenter bees mid flight with the stuff! I know some other guys on here do too.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2
  • Heart 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
johnnymag3
57 minutes ago, jabelman said:

yesterday pulled some of the tins off the case 220 for its repainting when whack! 1 got me in the back of the head.  bee stings really don't bother me but this one even today feels like someone hit me with a hammer,  today I found where the nest is it's under the engine tins,  I gave it a quick spray with the useless raid bee spray, this weekend I roll it out and fire it up and let it run for awhile and hopefully roast them out.

BRAKECLEEN is the best bee spray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
jabelman
49 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Best thing to kill any insect is brake cleaner.I shoot down carpenter bees mid flight with the stuff! I know some other guys on here do too.

tennis racket with the carpenter bees!

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
JAinVA

Used to shoot them with a BB gun while they hovered many many years ago.Fun to watch them spiral in!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
roadapples
34 minutes ago, jabelman said:

tennis racket with the carpenter bees!

Bought one at a flea market Just for that.

26 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Used to shoot them with a BB gun while they hovered many many years ago.Fun to watch them spiral in!

I've used a .22 pistol....with birdshot..

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk

Non- chlorinated  Brake Cleaner is the best! Out doors spray paint and a lighter will do in a pinch! :helmet:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Alex175
11 hours ago, jabelman said:

hopefully roast them out.

 

It's that time of year again folks, you know the lyrics everybody sing with me now...

 

Wasp nests roasting on a Kohler motor

The scent of burning hits your nose

Colorful curse words being yelled by a father

bee spray failed, so now anything goes

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bottjernat1

photos? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
peter lena

worst experience i ever had with a similar flying pest , was removing  a stump, and white faced hornets came pouring out of the surrounding ground . got stung 24 times , could not run or get away fast enough. the following day i gave them a petrol flame out , it went up like a small mushroom cloud , no survivors . my experience, pete

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bottjernat1
10 minutes ago, peter lena said:

worst experience i ever had with a similar flying pest , was removing  a stump, and white faced hornets came pouring out of the surrounding ground . got stung 24 times , could not run or get away fast enough. the following day i gave them a petrol flame out , it went up like a small mushroom cloud , no survivors . my experience, pete

WOW I guess thats one way to get rid of them. LOL Your a lucky man I am allergic! I would have died!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill

I also had an experience, like Pete did, with white faced Hornets - boy are they territorial and nasty. I have about 120 feet of Privet Hedge in front of the house and I need to trim them about every two weeks late Spring thru the Summer. I noticed a softball sized nest in the center of the large section one morning and figured I would deal with it when I got home after work - surprise !! - it was the size of a basketball when I got home. I wet the hedge with the hose and gave them the old roasty-toasty. It takes its toll on the hedge but worth getting rid of them. 

P1010077.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bottjernat1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
peter lena

grenade them in , my experience with those white faced hornets , make me think of using an RPG loaded with those hornets , the baddest terrorist would have to run from those , making them a great target , just a thought, pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk

2 cans of Brake cleaner would have taken care of that hornets nest without shrub damage. It wipes them out almost instantly! Plus a can with the nozzle can shoot about 10 ft.

 

My father was allergic to bees. I was working at Napa and 1 Christmas I gave him a case of Brake Cleaner. He says "What's this for?" and I say Bees!! Just crack the door open and shoot the nest from the safety of the Kitchen. Next Christmas he asked for another case. :)

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
16 hours ago, JAinVA said:

Best thing to kill any insect is brake cleaner.I shoot down carpenter bees mid flight with the stuff! I know some other guys on here do too.

We had a nest at work way up in the brick of an overhead door opening. The guys were shooting bee spray at them and I told them to put the toys away. Got my brake cleaner out of the truck and it was like WWII shooting down zeros. :helmet:

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...