Great story/history! 

• Like 1

Terry M

That Looks Nice!!

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Love when they stay in the family!

Ed Kennell

Great family story...….Thanks for sharing.

lynnmor

We need a variety of calendars to capture all the great photos that come up.  Just look at the little guy looking up.

• Thanks 1

stevasaurus

I was just going to say..."Calendar Shot"!!!  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

mmmmmdonuts

This is much the same with my grandfather. Bought a 1968 Raider. There were pictures of me riding it in the early 90s. Around 2012 he gave it to me to continue it in the family. So far his two great grandchildren have been on it along with most of his grandchildren. Sadly he passed 11 days after my first daughter was born in 2017. Still running strong mowing to this day albeit a different yard. Amazing how a piece of machinery gets passed on for generations.  

• Heart 5

c-series don

I love to hear stories like that! That certainly won’t happen with today’s box store crap tractors. I remember when I bought my Work Horse GT-1800 in 1984 the owner of the dealership told me “take care of this tractor son, and someday your kids will be using it!!” It was funny because at the time I was a kid! Don’t you know he was right! Both of my kids used it and I’m pretty sure someday I’ll have grandkids using it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al C.
14 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I love to hear stories like that! That certainly won’t happen with today’s box store crap tractors. I remember when I bought my Work Horse GT-1800 in 1984 the owner of the dealership told me “take care of this tractor son, and someday your kids will be using it!!” It was funny because at the time I was a kid! Don’t you know he was right! Both of my kids used it and I’m pretty sure someday I’ll have grandkids using it. 

Absolutely!  Take that little bit of extra time to keep up with the oil, grease, belts, bearings, air/fuel filters, tires, dusting it off, and keeping it indoors.  Even if you get behind (with the exception of old oil damage) everything can be easily fixed/restored.    It will out live you.  Your kids and grandkids will be happy you never scrapped it for one of the shiny plastic Big Box Store toys.  

Edited by Al C.
  • Like 2

953 nut
17 hours ago, Al C. said:

I restored the tractor in 2014.  21 of his grandchildren rode the tractor as have three of his great grandchildren

Fantastic!                  :text-coolphotos:               Need to create a photo thread with pictures of various generations enjoying the :wh: your dad bought in '67.