The Tuul Crib

An email that you don't want!

The Tuul Crib

Today was official my last day at Hemphill coach will be this coming Friday.No more Gov grant to keep the paycheckcoming.  Got the email and didn't read it right away because I dreaded it. So far knock on wood I am still healthy. It's like being yanked away from your family and you keep reaching out to no avail. But I am still working elsewhere.. coronavirus is more powerful

than anything man made. It's not over yet and we still need to treat it this way for sometime time to come

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

The Tuul Crib

I wonder what retirement will be in 5 years? Maybe they'll give me a couple of stimulus checks now and then LOL. 40 years of being in business and being on top of your game and it all come crashing down because of a little virus.

God bless the Hemphills!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

953 nut

Starting over is never easy, but even harder when you are over 50. Age discrimination is illegal, but it is a sad fact of life. Glad you have the skills that allow you to do some handy man jobs to build your own new career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sparky

Shame they didn’t give you a “Coach” as a severance....go travel the entire country!

• Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Shame they didn’t give you a “Coach” as a severance....go travel the entire country!

I don't know about! Joey and Trent are two of the best people I've ever worked for in my lifetime. Real good Christian people!.I've traveled enough in these buses over the years it took a lot out of me just to go back in them to do the interiors!

Hopefully it will come back for us the touring industry is going to be a while or the last to come back because of the venues and crowds. In the meantime I picked up another job and I'm still working on little red tractors. Hank  Williams once said a country boy can survive!
:woohoo:

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

Stormin

Sorry to hear that, Randy. Guess I'm kind of lucky being retired for nearly 11 yrs. A lot of businesses won't survive this pandemic. I don't care what our respective administrations say. Economies are going to take a long time to recover. It's the younger generations I feel for. Especially those with families.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

The Tuul Crib
58 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Sorry to hear that, Randy. Guess I'm kind of lucky being retired for nearly 11 yrs. A lot of businesses won't survive this pandemic. I don't care what our respective administrations say. Economies are going to take a long time to recover. It's the younger generations I feel for. Especially those with families.

couldn't have said it better myself! It's strange how some sectors of The economy such as the building trade. I'm not sure if this is happening where you are but here the building craze is going crazy and people are swampping  into the city and that's no exaggeration. Job at the cabinet shop is absolutely covered up so the building trade is strong and people are spending money as well I don't understand it.

• Like 2

Razorback

Sorry to hear about your job. Good luck with whatever the future holds.

The Tuul Crib

I'm concerned about the job but then again I'm more concerned about the company that I worked for as far as their survival rate. I did get lucky though and find another job and that's great but the point here is all the small businesses across this country probably are not strong enough to stand up or to return to the way it used to be. There has  to be new skills or new skills learned in this case to make a new world happen. Together we all need to make this go away but there have to be cooperation not corporate ....cooperation!!

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

formariz

@The Tuul CribDidn't see this before today Randy. It's a bit of a scary time when ones life is sort of uprooted like that. I know the feeling well. After working for the same people for 20 years my life was totally changed on 9/11. More than I realized it at the time. It seems however that our destiny is already set for us because due to that many good changes and other opurtunities happened that probably would never have happened. Good luck and wish you the best on your new future.

• Thanks 1