Sign in to follow this  
Prater

416 Front end question

Prater

On my 416 I look at the front tires and spindles and think something beefier would be better for me. What are some of the options? Can I go with a larger wheel/tire combo? How about bigger spindles? Should I just leave it alone? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

kpinnc

I won't tell you whether to leave it alone or not, but short of using an FEL on the tractor, stock spindles and wheels should handle most anything you throw at them.

Kevin

Prater

I forgot to mention that one of the spindles broke while my father in law used the tractor before I recieved it. Dont know what he was doing but it raised a concern for me.

nylyon

They used to sell a HD front end kit which included reinforces spindles, like those on the 520, but like mentioned short of having a FEL on the front, you probably won't need them.

gwgdog66

The Heavy Duty Front Spindle kit is part # 80494.

gwgdog66

The Heavy Duty Front Spindle kit is part # 80494.

Well, not available as a kit anymore :omg: , but all the parts are still available seperately.

http://www.smithfarmandgarden.com/pages/pa...rand/parts.aspx

pick Toro Consumer

attachments

scroll down to 80494

stevebo

if you can find a swept forward front end off a 520 that has the bigger spindles and nothing beats the look of a 520 with the swept front end... they are expensive but are a real nice touch... good luck-