Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Any difference in 704 and 702 belt guard?

stevebo

I have been looking for a right side drive belt guard to complete my restoration of my 702 and came across one that came off a 704. I was told the part numbers are different however it looks real close. Anyone know if there is a difference or will it bolt up? Thanks for your help.

PS I LOOKING FOR A RIGHT SIDE DRIVE BELT COVER FOR MY 702 !! IF YOU HAVE ONE TO SELL, PLEASE TELL ME AND HOW MUCH !! THANKS...

64s

Steve, I THINK the body of the belt guards are the same, however there are a few more mounting/guide tabs on the 704 guard. I'm pretty sure you could grind off the tabs and have a perfect fit. Good luck!!

Duff

Steve, I'm a maroon striper, not a round hood kinda guy (yet), so if I'm speaking out of turn, someone please let me know.....

Unless you're in a real hurry to complete your 702, I might be leery of chopping up a 704 belt guard if it's not a direct bolt-on. I don't pretend to know anything about production numbers or the desireablility of the 702's and 704's, but I'm incresingly picking up around here on the increasing scarcity of original parts. My point is simply that it seems a shame to sacrifice what may be a scarce item if maybe there's a chance the correct one could still be found. :drool:

Like I said, I'm a maroon striper and so far parts for my tractors are plentiful, but I recognize and highly respect what you fellows with the older machines go through to restore and maintain them..... :omg:

Just my very humble two cents worth!

Duff :drool:

Michael Bullington

It should work fine.... I think 64s hit the nail on the head :omg:

Kelly

I'm pretty sure it's the same, should bolt right on, but it may have a few extra holes than the 702 guard, I ran into that with finding a belt guard for my 603, come to find out my 552 was the same part no. others would fit but they had extra holes, just make sure you get a guard for a kohler powered tractor, the mounting points to the engine are different.

stevebo

thanks guys. duff, i hear you. i am a maroon guy too but this is my first roundhood which I am restoring. if someone has a 702 guard (Bell) please let me know how much you want for it. thanks- steve bo