Sign in to follow this  
Flat Thunder Channel

New Compression Clamp - Pliers

Flat Thunder Channel

I purchased compression ring pliers for small fuel line a few weeks ago. Used them for the first time the other night on the Bobcat engine. They are a simple concept, but I really like them so far. It is much easier than installing a bulky traditional style hose clamp.  Give them a try if you need to install new or replacement fuel lines.  I also purchased a few bulk lengths of common hose sizes.   

Check out my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX61KjaMraBMgVo-wK5bFQQ
It reminds me of the old "Power Block" television program that used to air shows like Hot Rod TV, Trucks and Shade Tree mechanic. It's only lacking a few things, notably Courtney Hansen, a large budget and good editing.

pliers(2).png

pliers.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8ntruck

Yup.  These are a handy tool.  I'be got a pair like yours and another pair that have swiveling pads on the ends of the jaws that grab the clamp.  This allows an adjustable angle of attack to the clamp - really nice in tight areas.

• Like 1

Flat Thunder Channel

I always disliked installing and removing these style of clamps.  Now it is a piece of cake!  Didn't even know specialty pliers existed until I watched a video on YouTube using them.  Still learning new stuff everyday! 😁

• Like 1

formariz

Thank you for posting it. I knew there had to be a tool for that but have never seen one before. Some of those clamps have driven me to madness trying to open them with regular pliers and having them keeping on twisting.

• Like 1