Buzz

John Deere manuals me

Buzz

I picked up a 111 garden tractor for scrap price last October. It came with mower deck,snow blower, extra wheels, weights,tire chains, complete rear bagger system. Going to keep the tractor and mower deck and probably sell the rest later. Where can I find manuals for this so I can figure out how to mount the deck? If it was a Horse I'd know where to find them.

20200514_153900.jpg

WHX??

You'll have to buy them. JD is quite proud of them and so you can't go online and down load them. The forums out there are even forbidden to have a manuals section. If you get to be drinkin buddies with a JD forum fan they share bootleg or black market copies but that's about it. Most companies will offer just the operator manuals so their product is used safely but not so with JD. Send lawyers, guns and money.... They will offer to sell you one ….

• Like 1

Buzz
45 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

You'll have to buy them. JD is quite proud of them and so you can't go online and down load them. The forums out there are even forbidden to have a manuals section. If you get to be drinkin buddies with a JD forum fan they share bootleg or black market copies but that's about it. Most companies will offer just the operator manuals so their product is used safely but not so with JD. Send lawyers, guns and money.... They will offer to sell you one ….

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

8ntruck

Isn't that the lawn tractor that was featured on Mad Men in the episode where one of the bigwigs from England got his foot chopped up during an office party?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Buzz
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

Isn't that the lawn tractor that was featured on Mad Men in the episode where one of the bigwigs from England got his foot chopped up during an office party?

I guess that's the reason the guy was scrapping it. 🤪

T-Mo

John Deere is still an active company, selling not only equipment, but literature.  Most car companies also do the same.  When you buy a new one, an operator's or owner's manual is provided (though today car companies aren't offering paper copies).  Service manuals have never been free for car companies.  And we're talking about copyright material, so copyright laws will apply.  In my line of work, people can go to jail and/or get fine for using 3rd party information - it's the legal and business world we live it.  Having said all that, if I had manuals, I would email them to you, but I don't have any for the older 100 series.

BTW, the Deere in Mad Men was a round fender 110, not a square fender 111.