wheel horse guy

help steering on a D250

wheel horse guy

Help I just recently porched a D250 to add to my collection and wish to install power steering Hydraulic. I under stand I might be able to find help on this WH forum. Thank you The wheel hoarse guy 

Edited by wheel horse guy
spelling correction
  • Like 1

Pullstart
55 minutes ago, wheel horse guy said:

Help I just recently porched a D250 to add to my collection and wish to install power steering Hydraulic. I under stand I might be able to find help on this WH forum. Thank you The wheel hoarse guy 

:text-welcomeconfetti: fellow Michigander!  I know nothing about the biggest D’s but pictures would help!

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Welcome to :rs:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Good to see another Michigander!

Not a D guy but some will be along shortly...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      One of the most detailed I've seen.

https://www.homemadetools.net/forum/garden-tractor-loader-videos-85395?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=05-21-21&utm_content=05-21-21-181510&fi=181510#post181510
    • BMW1
      By BMW1
      On my D200, when I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, it has a tight turn radius, but when I turn it all the way to the right, the turn radius is significantly wider.

The tie rods appear to be adjusted evenly.

Anyone have a similar problem and what was done to fix it?  The steering does have quite a bit of play, at least 1/4 to 1/2 turn of the wheel.

• Off Track Horse
      By Off Track Horse
      Okay, so I just know just enough about engines to do basic care & know when something is wrong.  I have what presented as a hydraulic leak on my 416H with fluid spraying everywhere from under the center of the tractor and it is really only significant when the PTO is engaged.  I took the mowing deck off today expecting to find a cracked hose or loose fitting.  Wrong!  Instead I found fluid coming out from the steering shaft on the opposite side of what I am finding is called the "steering fitting lube" piece on the Toro parts website.  So where it shows part #7 going in the fluid is leaking out of the other side.  I'm really at a loss on this one.

• Paul Boy
      By Paul Boy
      I need some advice. Worked all afternoon and was unsuccessful at removing the steering wheel from a 1961 Wheel Horse tractor. How is the wheel attached to the steering column?  There appear to be two holes where I suspect that the wheel is secured, but I cannot find a way to loosen any type of a fastener. Has anyone had a problem with this? I have a wheel puller attached but that wheel is really on there. How do I get this off?
    • jmdavidh09
      By jmdavidh09
      Has anyone converted a 520-8 over to gear reduction steering? 
      Some questions if you have:
      1. Does the motor have to come out?
      2. Since the 520-8 has a swept axle, do I just need the lower steering shaft and gear box out of the donor?
      3. Anything I am missing or should this be a simple swap?

Thanks in advance!