Greentored

If you could build your ultimate Horse....

WHX??
45 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

:confusion-confused:

Something in a sink? 

19richie66
2 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Something in a sink? 

Sink O DeMayo.........Gotcha covered :handgestures-thumbupright:

AE31B401-5B22-4ED4-8CF3-9325A52016C0.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 9

PeacemakerJack

Getting us somewhat back on topic.  When you are a dyed in the wool “plow dog” you start naturally looking at every GT thinking, “I wonder how it would plow?”  I’m so bad that I have to force myself to say that a given tractor won’t get a furrow plow!😁. So, it didn’t surprise me when Jim came in with the plowing thought, followed by Ryan.  Dan didn’t say anything “specifically” about a plow mule but he hinted at it.  I’ve infected these guys far worse than any Covid scare with a plow bug that doesn’t disappear and I’m not aware of any antidote other than to get in a garden or field and do some plowing!!!😂

So...Kevin, you may not live in the Cheesehead state, but after last fall, you look to be infected by us as well😁

Back to the topic, when building any custom GT, the goal should be to fit the purpose that it was built for.  Plow mules need to turn earth well with reliability and little effort to the machine or the driver.  Mowing/blowing machines need to be agile and functional but can also look cool while doing it.  

Show tractors just need to be cool looking like Dan’s Rat Rod or Craig’s @AMC RULES round hood V-twin that reflects your personality and style.  You guys have built so many machines that fit this category, we should just have a thread for that alone!😉

• Excellent 4

WHX??
6 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Getting us somewhat back on topic.

Yah good luck with that knowing these :occasion-clown:

Yes I guess you'd havta categorize if you were building a tractor for show/ queenie,  rat rod, plowing, franken horse, worker.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19richie66

I would like to think any of my tractors (at least the one that runs) would be able to do just about anything I tossed at it except for plowing. They would have to be prepared for it. Although I have never plowed before, I might already have the plow bug myself. Ready to hook up the one I have and tear up some dirt. 

• Excellent 7

Sam Pasch
12 hours ago, pullstart said:

and just like that, we’re off topic!  I agree EB, cheese is awesome!  :happy-bouncyred:

Some times I sit down with a plate of cheese and crackers while I'm looking through posts on redsquare. Might be my favorite food.:D

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

This is my B-140 I built and definitely is my favorite worker!

20200427_192924.jpg

20181128_090358.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

chex313

The 520H I own , that I should have bought new in 92, so it would have been cared for...It has everything I needed or wanted. I already have a Green 4x4 Diesel so that's covered.

If it had 4x4, and I could add it that would make the 520H perfect. Or if I just lived on a flat piece of land...

IMG_20170408_144605.jpg

• Like 3

Greentored

Well folks, I just let that beautiful 520 custom I restored go to a new home. The quickest way to get over a sadness is to replace it with something better, right? 

Dont be surprised if an ‘ultimate horse’ build starts in my stable, like, real soon! 

• Excellent 3

jshort

Hey guys, going to look at a 520H in excellent condition, looks it by the pictures 1257 hrs on it. $1500 to much?

Edited by jshort
wanted to check the notify box

WHX??
1 hour ago, Greentored said:

Well folks, I just let that beautiful 520 custom I restored go to a new home. The quickest way to get over a sadness is to replace it with something better, right? 

Dont be surprised if an ‘ultimate horse’ build starts in my stable, like, real soon! 

Yer gonna be sorry Green... might have well sold yer fav lantern... give ya a month yer gonna say wished I never sold it... :lol:

14 minutes ago, jshort said:

Hey guys, going to look at a 520H in excellent condition, looks it by the pictures 1257 hrs on it. $1500 to much?

Hard to say shorts without pics and not knowing what implements go with it. 

• Like 1

jshort

looks like the one above, has the snow plow and a new 48" mower deck.

jshort
33 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Yer gonna be sorry Green... might have well sold yer fav lantern... give ya a month yer gonna say wished I never sold it... :lol:

It looks about the same shape as to one above without the stars and stripes. Comes with snow plow and new mower deck, garage kept.

WHX??

Might be worth that then Shorts.... price worth AIWAYS hinges on how well it was kept. We won't know that without :text-coolphotos: but even then they always look better when kicking tires. 

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, meadowfield said:

Already did build them! 😁

imageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402f1C9B4A94-3967-4EDE-87AD-3A9A9AB6AE28.jpeg.5a2a24807e8f31a9f32590fda2b220d5.jpeg

Some extremely impressive machines they are for sure. Is there a build thread or information about the one on the right that has the driven front axle added?

• Like 1

meadowfield
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Some extremely impressive machines they are for sure. Is there a build thread or information about the one on the right that has the driven front axle added?

look up project C4 on here and Youtube... it's all there

• Thanks 1

Greentored
11 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Yes sir I know I will be. That just means Ill have to go find another one, right?  haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greentored
11 hours ago, jshort said:

Shorts, I just let this one go for 18 cash with no attachments except the 48" deck. 1335 hours. Every single thing was replaced, restored, or rebuilt- down to installing brass bushings in the hood hinges and overhauling the gear reduction steering for no play. New, correctly installed intake seat, all cooling system improvements, remote oil filter, custom paint, brand new Brinly hitch, custom patina paint, etc...  and every single thing worked except the fuel gauge. Horses arent as common here in NC, and while the older stuff brings a good price, the pointed hood models still can be found very reasonable.

Post up a couple pics of yours!

wh27.jpg

wh20.jpg

wh25.jpg

Edited by Greentored
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

tom2p

you done good greentored!

• Thanks 1

Lee1977
3 hours ago, Greentored said:

Yes sir I know I will be. That just means Ill have to go find another one, right?  haha!

Wheel Horses with some of us is like Hotel California they can check in anytime they like , but they can never leave.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jshort
7 hours ago, Greentored said:

Shorts, I just let this one go for 18 cash with no attachments except the 48" deck. 1335 hours. Every single thing was replaced, restored, or rebuilt- down to installing brass bushings in the hood hinges and overhauling the gear reduction steering for no play. New, correctly installed intake seat, all cooling system improvements, remote oil filter, custom paint, brand new Brinly hitch, custom patina paint, etc...  and every single thing worked except the fuel gauge. Horses arent as common here in NC, and while the older stuff brings a good price, the pointed hood models still can be found very reasonable.

Post up a couple pics of yours!

wh27.jpg

wh20.jpg

wh25.jpg

123400f0f_b1PiOIuJkTt_600x450.jpg00I0I_4Iz7hTrJyCY_600x450.jpg1

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

jshort
3 minutes ago, jshort said:

123400f0f_b1PiOIuJkTt_600x450.jpg00I0I_4Iz7hTrJyCY_600x450.jpg1

This is the machine they are asking $1500. To much or what would be a reasonable offer? plus new 48" mower deck.

Edited by jshort
forgot the deck

Lee1977
7 hours ago, jshort said:

This is the machine they are asking $1500. To much or what would be a reasonable offer? plus new 48" mower deck.

$1500 is a reasonable price if the 48" deck is new. It alone last time I checked a 48" deck was $1200 + shipping.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1