C_hasbeen

Yard king

C_hasbeen

I pulled this out or the tree row loaded it on a wagon drug it up to give to a fella here in town that said he sure wanted to restore it.  I think it is an old mtd.  Either way he was happy and I cleaned up a bit here.  The transaxle is cast iron and 4 speed input pully is vertical and the belt twists over a idler so the vertical shaft engine can run it.

IMG_20200505_143226.jpg

IMG_20200505_143234.jpg

IMG_20200505_143244.jpg

• Like 3

Stepney

I had one similar to that, think it was an American Yard Products design. Classic bent soft-grip wheel haha.

• Like 1

EricF

By the fender and footboard design, it looks more like a Murray. If the plate behind the axle that forms the hitch and rear cover is angled, not vertical, then it's a Murray.

• Like 1

C_hasbeen
20 hours ago, EricF said:

By the fender and footboard design, it looks more like a Murray. If the plate behind the axle that forms the hitch and rear cover is angled, not vertical, then it's a Murray.

I think it was angled, it had a fabled up heavy hitch with a 2 inch ball on it 

EricF

Murray built a lot of different riding mowers, some of them are kind of a mix and match of various parts combinations. A few were dead ringers for AYP/Roper models and were sold along side them under the Craftsman brand. The most common Murray riders had that angled back plate long after AYP/Roper had moved away from that style.