Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Few extra pic's

bo dawg

While I was taking pic's of the new addition thought I would pop a couple of my 68 Charger 12 and 79 C-161 herded up in the garage. The other one is in the Charger 10 post.

Thanks

:omg:

Picture090.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture091.jpg

TT

Hey Bo -- I've been meaning to tell you......

Your '68 Charger 12 is actually an Electro 12 and should have an electric PTO clutch.

C-Series14

Hey Bo...I am cornfused! :omg: I see a 1978-1979 fiberglass hood, a 1980-1984 black Kohler, and C-165 decals! Was your tractor in a 3 tractor crash??? It looks sharp!

TJ

Nice looking tractors. :omg:

bo dawg

Thanks guy's.

I figured it was an Electro 12 cause everytime I looked the model# up thats what came up. It has a pull switch I amagine was for the PTO, but now controls the lights.

It was missing a few things like the PTO pullies, deck and all the brackets. Thats why I bought the Charger 10 to rob it from all the parts, but its probably better off and thinking about fixing it up. Thanks TT.

Mike, the C-161 is a 79 and it originally came with the 16 hp twin B&S engine, but someone switched it with the single 16. Probably due to the engine went bad. The C-165 decal I don't know... I wonder too. You can tell its been taped off when painting hood and yes it is a fiberglass one. I heard WH went with the fiberglass hood on that 78-79 year because of last minute decision to use the B&S 16 due to Kohler didn't come through in time on their twin :omg: So they had to make room for the B&S exhaust, a slot in the hood.

Toro site said It could have been ordered with the twin B&S, fiberglass hood, or a single 16 Kohler with metal hood. Also along with the fender pan was optional too to match.

:drool:

whfan74

Bo,

I just looked at my id tag tonight and found out that mine isn't a Charger 12 but an Electro 12. Crazy how that happens. Somebody misinformed me....but oh well. Still love it the same!

bo dawg

I,m with ya on that Scott :omg:

C-Series14

Thanks guy's.

I figured it was an Electro 12 cause everytime I looked the model# up thats what came up. It has a pull switch I amagine was for the PTO, but now controls the lights.

It was missing a few things like the PTO pullies, deck and all the brackets. Thats why I bought the Charger 10 to rob it from all the parts, but its probably better off and thinking about fixing it up. Thanks TT.

Mike, the C-161 is a 79 and it originally came with the 16 hp twin B&S engine, but someone switched it with the single 16. Probably due to the engine went bad. The C-165 decal I don't know... I wonder too. You can tell its been taped off when painting hood and yes it is a fiberglass one. I heard WH went with the fiberglass hood on that 78-79 year because of last minute decision to use the B&S 16 due to Kohler didn't come through in time on their twin :drool: So they had to make room for the B&S exhaust, a slot in the hood.

Toro site said It could have been ordered with the twin B&S, fiberglass hood, or a single 16 Kohler with metal hood. Also along with the fender pan was optional too to match.

That is the correct reason for the fiberglass hood...str8 from Ed Cole himself at the show many years ago.... :omg:

Don1977

That good looking mixed up tractor also has the rear tires on backwards.

bo dawg

That good looking mixed up tractor also has the rear tires on backwards.

I'll be doggone :omg: you know I never noticed it, it's been that way since I bought it. But now it looks so obvious. OOP's :drool: Thanks Don.