phrog

What year for this 16 Automatic

stegs
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We have one of those too.:handgestures-thumbupright:

I bought a 1648 a few weeks ago, ran like dog crap. Ordered a carb kit on amazon and rebuilt the carb. That thing ran so good, and very strong. I had some guy offer me alot of money for it so i sold it

Missed it ever since.

Well i came across a 520h running on 1 cylinder with a nice mower deck. Found out the guy had this workhorse as well. (and i have been looking for a hydro wheel horse to snowblow with)

I made a offer on both tractors with all the attachments and to my surprise he took it!

I didnt need any of the attachments, but it was the deal. I had to buy all or nothing.

But long story short, this 1800 ran good, but wouldnt idle. So i took the carb all apart, cleaned it really well and now it runs great. Does need some fine tuning, but need time to run some fresh ethanol free fuel thru it and get it hot. Then ill do my adjusting!

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, stegs said:

this 1800 ran good, but wouldnt idle. So i took the carb all apart, cleaned it really well and now it runs great. Does need some fine tuning, but need time to run some fresh ethanol free fuel thru it and get it hot. Then ill do my adjusting!

Do you plan on changing the fuel lines as well? 

stegs
38 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Do you plan on changing the fuel lines as well? 

no they are newer. I replaced the fuel filter when i did the carb, also drained all the old gas out.

it runs good, just needs some tuning. The idle screw needs to adjust as it seems to crank a little longer and idles too low.

easy adjustments, just need time

• Like 1