KrazeyOlDave

310-8 Bucket Tractor

cschannuth
41 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Yes Sir, I made 2 cardboard buckets, the second one worked. It’ll only hold about 200 lbs of dirt at best. So I’m not too awfully worried about the front BUT, it cannot hurt to make them stronger.

I built mine using the PF Eng plans and they suggested making the bucket about the same size as the front tires for a good starting point.  Looks like you ended up there.  Your work is really looking good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine

If the spindles from a B/C would work I've got some I'd sell for a song plus freight.

I'm thinking you'd be fine with yours especially if you reinforced them in a similar manner to the pic Paul posted.

• Like 2

KrazeyOlDave

I really appreciate y’all with the kind words and knowledgeable input. I do enjoy building stuff like this, plus it’s cheaper than 12k for a new tractor 😂

The intended purpose of this build is to fill in holes that my Beagles dig and to keep our pitbike track groomed. 

11562FD1-47B8-414F-A272-3EAE8A3BEDBC.jpeg

4244A42C-E45F-48BF-A20B-355B421A27AE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

KrazeyOlDave
Just now, Lee1977 said:

I reinforced my 312 spindles.

SAM-0872.jpg

SAM-0477.jpg

That’s perfect, then I could run a small plastic fender on the fronts. 

• Like 3

Pullstart
On 4/20/2020 at 5:48 AM, KrazeyOlDave said:

I really appreciate y’all with the kind words and knowledgeable input. I do enjoy building stuff like this, plus it’s cheaper than 12k for a new tractor 😂

The intended purpose of this build is to fill in holes that my Beagles dig and to keep our pitbike track groomed. 

11562FD1-47B8-414F-A272-3EAE8A3BEDBC.jpeg

4244A42C-E45F-48BF-A20B-355B421A27AE.jpeg

It’ll do a fine job for both those chores!

• Thanks 2

KrazeyOlDave

You can barely see it but the cylinder is in place. I have the tractor lifted off the ground by 1”, so that I have a small amount of down pressure available. My arm gussets are a bit over kill but I did it so IF ever needed, I can put longer cylinders on it. Probably a waste of time but it’s there. 

4F458728-A0CD-4111-8BBA-6B1943E9312D.jpeg

• Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

I don‘t think they are overkill, they will last longer as you imagine.

Nice design, the only thing you maybe will be missing sometimes is the liftarm lenght.

When i built my first FEL, i just want to play with Hydraulics, because i don‘t wanna lift heavyer things myself furthermore.

As i get older and as result of my Lifestyle until now, i feel things gettingbharder each year.

So actual i use my FEL‘s what they built for, i don‘t lift myself heavier things.

At the market when kati purchased planting Soil, they lift it in with a forklift, here i put it out with the FEL.

Why carry heavier things with hands, if i had Hydraulic force available? 

Save your Back!

So i learned about my doings, 2 meter’s lift height is a real good Value for universal purposes.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

That looks good!  My ARK 500 doesn’t have a ton of down travel either, until I tip the bucket.  It has been helpful to scrape some extra crushed blacktop from the side drive to fill holes in the main drive... along with digging myself backwards out of a sticky situation!

97008757-E0FA-4B04-BF34-6CF3E65D23A2.jpeg

7AC23EED-5EC3-4B9F-8432-FC8908B7FBBA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

tom2p

severe case of vapor lock lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

KrazeyOlDave

Still waiting on my front cylinder and filter kit. 

12B0BA89-3D93-494C-9856-2380C26F9926.png

Pullstart

Have you called Lowell or Joette?  They should be able to update you on your status...

KrazeyOlDave
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

Have you called Lowell or Joette?  They should be able to update you on your status...

I just ordered it but yes, I talked to him on the phone. 👍👍

• Like 2

KrazeyOlDave

Received my hitch today, nice product!!! You guys gave me some great advice thus far so I figured I’d through this up as to how I’m going to tie in my belly arm supports. The forward arms I plan to weld solid, while using grade 5 bolts at the rear end. Pretty straight forward really, thoughts?

F66D38D2-E661-44E3-BA04-180647CAA6EC.jpeg

1B1FC2BE-2070-42A1-980A-0A045B8B7ACB.jpeg

E6D852D8-A934-4BE7-8670-8F3859873ABB.jpeg

14AFDD56-CBC9-42A0-A392-AB3FE3D86A00.jpeg

BAF968D2-58CE-48C8-8018-DF59E1197751.jpeg

• Like 2

lynnmor
47 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Received my hitch today, nice product!!! You guys gave me some great advice thus far so I figured I’d through this up as to how I’m going to tie in my belly arm supports. The forward arms I plan to weld solid, while using grade 5 bolts at the rear end. Pretty straight forward really, thoughts?

1B1FC2BE-2070-42A1-980A-0A045B8B7ACB.jpeg

If you need special bolts, here is a chart.  :sci-fi-robot:

• Haha 2
  • Heart 2

KrazeyOlDave
13 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Yep, I definitely worded that wrong. Offset bolt holes, loved the chart you posted tho 😂

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
13 hours ago, lynnmor said:

special bolts

I've seen that in the past.

It's the most fun when a ummm... "Non-mechanical" person doesn't understand that it's funny...................

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Dave,  if you have enough tubing, it would be advisable to run forward past the loader mount and tie it all in with the front attachamatic.  It’ll take the shear weight off the center of the tractor and help distribute it to the entire rig.

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
16 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I’ve never seen that before, but I might have to print it and hang it next to the dril index and tap chart!  Those might come in handy!

• Haha 2

KrazeyOlDave
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Dave,  if you have enough tubing, it would be advisable to run forward past the loader mount and tie it all in with the front attachamatic.  It’ll take the shear weight off the center of the tractor and help distribute it to the entire rig.

Not a bad idea, honestly, I think I’m reaching the breaking point of this particular tractor. The positive thing is I can retro fit it to a larger model.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

breaking point of this particular tractor

Curious to know what you mean by that?

• Like 1

Lee1977
10 hours ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Not a bad idea, honestly, I think I’m reaching the breaking point of this particular tractor. The positive thing is I can retro fit it to a larger model.

The Wheel Horse models are about the same C-series, 300, 400 and 500 the main difference is engine size and 8 speed or hydro.  There are some that are heaver with taller rear wheels  and hydro transmission. The D-series, GT-14, 953, 1054. C-195.

Zeek
On 4/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, pfrederi said:

One more suggestion .  You seem to have the 310s original 6" wheels and spindles.  I would look for 8 " wheel spindles.  The are less likely to bend. Note the difference in length unsupported (Blue 6"  yellow 8").  If you could source a pair of the reinforced spindles (in the back) that would be better.  You are going to be putting a lot of weight on the front wheels and if you are driving over any roughness at all, a lot of stress. 

IMG_0063_LI.jpg

:text-yeahthat:if you plan on putting anything heavy in the bucket. With the nice heavy duty fabrication you are doing, that alone adds a lot of weight  the stock wan't designed for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KrazeyOlDave
On 5/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, ebinmaine said:

Curious to know what you mean by that?

Meaning exceeding the tractors structural strength. 

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, KrazeyOlDave said:

Meaning exceeding the tractors structural strength. 

Like Lee says above, your structure is similar across all of the standard size models. Given proper bracing and connections you should be in great shape with a 310 as a front-end loader.

• Like 1