Sign in to follow this  
GunZ McGraw

Found a engine .. blasted the hood

GunZ McGraw

Well I think I have a engine. Craftsman/Tecumseh.. Going to take a bit of mod on the bolt pattern and it

rustbucket

what do you mean by 5 bolt if your saying the head bolt's it has more then 5 up there. i see between 6 or 7 if my count is right.

GunZ McGraw

what do you mean by 5 bolt if your saying the head bolt's it has more then 5 up there. i see between 6 or 7 if my count is right.

Sorry my fault .. I mean it's only a 5 Horse Power.

The bolt pattern for frame mount is smaller then the 6HP so I may weld flat bar and drill??

Sparky

Looks like a snow-blower motor. Make sure you find an air cleaner for it.

My son's first WH was a 1976 C-120 8speed with a Briggs 4hp and it went just about anywhere and would even move just fine with me on it. Your 5hp will be just fine.

Mike......

GunZ McGraw

Looks like a snow-blower motor. Make sure you find an air cleaner for it.

My son's first WH was a 1976 C-120 8speed with a Briggs 4hp and it went just about anywhere and would even move just fine with me on it. Your 5hp will be just fine.

Mike......

Your bang on. The fella told me it came off a blower. Glad to hear the 5HP will give me enough power. Can you give me a little more detail about air cleaner?

Thanks

Sparky

Glad to hear the 5HP will give me enough power. Can you give me a little more detail about air cleaner?

Thanks

Sure. Under the sheetmetal cover, where the primer-bulb and choke control are, is the carburator. On snow-blowers there is no air filter element to keep out dust and what-not from the carb as its not very dusty in the winter. Youll need to get one since you'll be driving in all types of conditions including dusty ones.

I think on the end of the carb you'll find two small threaded holes for mounting an airfilter housing.

Mike.......

Kelly

If you find a mounting plate that goes under all the tuckys you will not need to drill any holes, it also sets the engine up at the correct height.

Jim_M

I think I have a spare mounting plate from a 6 horse Tecumseh.

Drydock

Thats whats known as an HS50 Teccy. Also known as an LH195. (L head, 195cc) Good little engines, the best ones have iron cylinder liners. Any Teccy lawnmower air filter holder will screw right on.

GunZ McGraw

Thanks everyone .. I'll keep ya posted