ohiofarmer

First start and mowing c141

ohiofarmer

I have been under the weather all last week. I was too sick to really putter about the shop even though i wanted to. Whatever I had was not fun, and the lungs became tough to manage. i am coming out on the other side, and this stuff is a little scary. I have not been around anyone but my wife, and it looks like I am gonna have to keep watch over her for the next few dayd

The slumbering Horse still had some battery even though it had not been charged for a month. The starter is gettin draggy, so I popped a squirt of carb cleaner under the spark plug and gave the battery a bit of help from the jump battery that I use to transfer gasoline. She just kicked right in even with the throttle at idle and just loper quietly along with that Kohler thump thump that is almost as unique as a 2 cylinder Johnny Popper or a Harley 

That c is a lovely tractor, and I much prefer the side lever motion control to the later ones--even to my 520-H  the lawn under the mulberry tree and out in front of the house always grows first and after all that is wrong out there in the world,. it sure felt right to mow for a half hour.

Shes growin" boys, so get out the equipment for a dry run.

• Like 4

ZXT

Glad you're feeling better! Think it was Corona? I'd steer clear of much anybody for a while if you suspect it was.. Nasty stuff that is taking a bunch of people. 

I made a few passes with my my fathers C-141 yesterday. Quickly found out that I had an issue with the center deck pulley as it began to chew up the belt. It has a hole in it and is rather rusty in spots. Looking for a replacement currently.

C-141's are great machines, as are all C-series. I never keep any of my batteries on a tender and they sit for months without issue. Every once in a while I'll have a low battery on something I didn't disconnect the cable on, but for the most part things will fire right up. 

Ed Kennell

Good to hear you are feeling better.   

I mowed with the 417H last week.

Took the front tiller off and put a deck on the 312H today.

I agree, putting the motion control lever on the steering column was one  of the bad ideas.    I had a couple that I didn't keep very long.

• Like 1

chip61

Besides the overall simplicity, the location of the motion lever on my C160 and C141 is the main reason I prefer the C series over the 416H. The one I like least of all is the center mounted control lever on the no name series. Apparently no one liked them since I believe that design only lasted one year.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I actually don't use the lever as designed.    I attach the hand levers to foot pedals on all my hydros.

C-120     312H    417H   520H

IMG_5826.JPG.80c631db72913537682d5fe504dee8e1.JPG

• Like 3