wvhunter

312-8 opinion

peter lena

wv hunter , just snooping around on facebook and found ,https://www.facebook.com/groups/720778008002796/   there is a wheel horse groupe near you !  you can find help there , pete

• Like 1

Wishin4a416
On 3/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, wvhunter said:

does anyone know if it would have 1 or 1 1/8 axle? I am wanting one to plow a garden with it.

It came with either or. My 87 312 has the big axles.

wvhunter
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

wv hunter , just snooping around on facebook and found ,https://www.facebook.com/groups/720778008002796/   there is a wheel horse groupe near you !  you can find help there , pete

thank you very much!!!

peter lena

wvhunter , contact this guy , pete

wvhunter
9 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

1990 or newer because of the black on the decals. 1989 and older were maroon.

If still readable this decal has the important numbers.

Axles should be 1-1/8" diameter and the differential should have 8 pinion gears. It does not get any better.

Garry

1990 or newer 312-8 SS.jpg

I found these numbers, 3112K801  15413

gwest_ca

Click on the fuzzy picture for more info

Garry

• Like 2

wvhunter

I drained the gas and took gas lines loose and took air hose and blowed them out.also took bowl off of carburetor and cleaned it out. started purring like a kitten, motor sounds good and all the gears work good.thanks for your help

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

wvhunter
16 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Click on the fuzzy picture for more info

Garry

thank you

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, wvhunter said:

I drained the gas and took gas lines loose and took air hose and blowed them out.also took bowl off of carburetor and cleaned it out. started purring like a kitten, motor sounds good and all the gears work good.thanks for your help

Super awesome that it runs. We'd love to see video.

not sure how time-consuming it's going to be but you definitely need to replace that fuel line.

Do you have access to non ethanol gas in your area?

wvhunter
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

not sure how time-consuming it's going to be but you definitely need to replace that fuel line.

yes sir, I am planning on replacing the lines. I just wanted to see if I could get it running for know. I don't know for sure where I can get ethanol gas at though. I will find out,not getting out much know because of this virus, I will try and post video of it running, thanks for the help

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Check out pure-gas.org

• Like 1

tom2p
21 hours ago, peter lena said:

wvhunter , just did a quick look up on your pto clevis shaft point ,, good brake down pictures , you will need , bearing ,snap ring, shaft . wheel horse parts available on this site , pete

pete - how (in the heck) were you able to determine there was an issue with the PTO shaft ?

from just one pic that showed that area - and it was not a close up or zoom ...  eagle eyes pete ?

from that pic I did notice the brake pedal appears to be back a bit more than typical (toward rear) ... ? ... 

• Like 1

peter lena

just the look of the galled bearing shell , and the fact that the  pto shaft is in the middle of it tells me that is part of the failure . i have replaced the bearings and shafts on my 3 tractors , due to past owner neglect, don,t wait for a failure , regularly check out  that pto set up , stay after it , pete

wvhunter
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

got a video of it running on the phone, but cannot get it transferred to laptop to post, sorry

• Like 1

wvhunter
3 hours ago, wvhunter said:

got a video of it running on the phone, but cannot get it transferred to laptop to post, sorry

finally figured out how to post video  u=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FdrZSqkpEer4%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2eYK_T8pX0xdU4CY6kg1JyUTgbZST5cUvgFTz1ZnBbIgxif1DhoOuZv_A&h=AT017BPmTRXWXDaNQALj_Z5eG6aDJY7nNbJE5NhEIc_6W81sM88-bfbLyqGoZx1oGiyW_Z2tUbxsB85L95_b1i_WQBGy2KFqLlHbazzMSmebCTCunnQCgsDtPIVl9Y-RWvB8nw

Edited by wvhunter
video did not load
  • Like 4

River19
18 minutes ago, wvhunter said:

Sounds pretty decent after the initial surging....probably had the choke on there anyways.......again, not a bad score.

Now that it is running......about that cup holder...... :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tom2p
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

just the look of the galled bearing shell , and the fact that the  pto shaft is in the middle of it tells me that is part of the failure . i have replaced the bearings and shafts on my 3 tractors , due to past owner neglect, don,t wait for a failure , regularly check out  that pto set up , stay after it , pete

you were able to see a galled bearing shell in the pic below ?

you must have chuck yeager eyes !

( or a giant screen / monitor ? )

204A90C4-4C36-4123-91FD-99B752B33914.jpeg

Edited by tom2p

tom2p

peter lena

tom2p, the first picture you sent , that was right up on the pto drive shaft lever point , told me what was going on , when you look at the facebook site i sent , and scroll down on pictures , there is a stack of pto drive pulleys , and the guys name , easy to see the complete drive pulley with intact drive shaft . that is what you want , pete

• Like 1

wvhunter
27 minutes ago, River19 said:

Sounds pretty decent after the initial surging....probably had the choke on there anyways.......again, not a bad score.

Now that it is running......about that cup holder...... :-)

I was working the throttle a little to much I believe,sadly the cup holder has been removed

• Like 1

ebinmaine
56 minutes ago, wvhunter said:

finally figured out how to post video

If you go to your YouTube video and click share, then copy, you can paste it right to these pages.

wvhunter
Just now, ebinmaine said:

If you go to your YouTube video and click share, then copy, you can paste it right to these pages.

i posted a link to video

• Like 1

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, wvhunter said:

i posted a link to video

I got through to it ok but often can't open or use Facebook links as I don't have an account.

• Like 1

wvhunter
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

I got through to it ok but often can't open or use Facebook links as I don't have an account.

1 hour ago, wvhunter said:

sorry cannot get video to play

• Like 1

Guest 88vic

Wvhunter how close are you Pennsylvania?