Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Whats it worth!

bo dawg

Alright guy's... I need some advice :drool: I have an oportunity to get a tractor that has been setting outside (not sure how long) way back in the woods. Not sure what model it was, the hood was missing and for me its how I ID a tractor. Plus it was covered up from tree saplings grown all around it and thorn bushes. I seen it tonight at dusk, plus being cloudy didn't help either, so hard to see any ID tags if any. But I do know it was probably mid 60's from the belt guard and foot pegs (not running boards). The guy bought the property and it was already there and he's not a WH fan :( I'm guessing an 855 or something close to it.

He did say it was a B&S engine (don't know hp) and he used his foot to show me it still turned over with compression. It has duel wheels on the back, a manual trans, (not sure how many gears,) metal seemed solid from what I could tell. Even has a small wrinch on the front of it. I think it was used to push things around like old cars, cause someone fastened or welded a iron bumper on the front (which is probably why the hood was missing) Thats about all I could tell about the thing.

He wants $50.00 for it, and thats just for the effort of taking his skidloader back there and digging it out and bring up to the road.

So... :omg: is it worth it? :drool:

plus its a 45 min drive to go back and get it. No way to have done it tonight, it was too wet and soggy and his skidloader what at his place mile down the road.

CasualObserver

Rolling chassis, an engine (running or not) and duals.... worth $50 to most people. (would be to me anyway.) It's probably got more than that in parts if you wanted to just part it out and turn a few bucks.

W9JAB

I would charge no less than $100.00 to haul it away :omg:

bo dawg

I would charge no less than $100.00 to haul it away :drool:

I dont think trying to charge him to haul it away is going to get the job done. He knows he can put it on ebay. :drool:

I thought $50 was ok, he's going to do all the work digging it out of the woods and help me get it on my trailer.

Thanks for the help Lord Hellmutt, I hoped somebody would answer my call for advise or either it was a stupid question in the first place. :omg:

:(

can whlvr

I would have to agree with jason,any wheel horse with an engine and tires at all corners has to be worth 50 bucks,even if it is a little drive,maybe it might even be restorable,good luck :omg: Don