Okie B60

Jim Dandy

Okie B60

Finally got a couple of pics of the newest member of the fleet! We put an electric fuel pump and a fuel regulator on it and she runs great! But now Dad is talking about selling it. I have no idea what it's worth. It doesn't seem to be a rare tractor. Any thoughts? I'd really like to keep it. 

IMG_15051.jpg

IMG_15041.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Okie B60 said:

doesn't seem to be a rare tractor. Any thoughts? I'd really like to keep it. 

Love those!

I'd disagree that it isn't rare at least in this area.

Jim Dandys are about as common as hens teeth.

Were it me I'd keep it!!!!!

• Like 1

Stepney

Single stick with a small Kohler.. not bad rigs at all. Shame your missing the actual top of the hood.

Location is everything, they are common in some places, here in Maine, as EB said .. not common at all.

Around here, a nice complete one with good rubber starts around 6-800 and goes up from there.

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, Okie B60 said:

Dad is talking about selling it.

My opinion is that the lack of proper Ag tires and a few missing parts will make it hard to sell.          Tell Dad to just keep it!               :text-lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ZXT

Sell? What's that? That word isn't in my vocabulary! 

I say keep it. I've not seen one in person that I remember, and I haven't seen one for sale either. Definitely a cool tractor.

Rear tires look like they're Falkens. Have a set of those on one of my trucks. 

JC 1965

I would hold on to that tractor if possible. Those older ones like that are getting harder to find. Those tractors are real hard workers too.   :twocents-02cents:

Rob R

Simple made of good steel, easy to fix and a "go to" machine, once you fix it no more wrenching for a long time  = sell it you will regret it.... in my humble opinion....

Okie B60

Oh, we have the hood. It's straight as a pin. It's just not in the picture because we were cleaning the fuel system at the time. I'm gonna try to talk him into putting some Flitz on it and keeping it around. I think it's very cool! One of you said it's an "older" model? Any idea how old? I guess I can look it up on the net. Thanks for all the feedback. 🙂

ebinmaine
Just now, Okie B60 said:

idea how old

Best bet is to find the numbers...

Okie B60

10 4. Thanks!

c-series don

Here’s mine, it’s been in my basement nice and warm and dry for over 20 years. This may be my next restoration, however it’s got great patina so maybe just give it a good tuneup and run it! 

1D6B02A6-1C8A-43DC-B393-DC93C58CBCDA.jpeg

2CB9651A-688B-4B74-AE31-163CDB59B904.jpeg

D070D346-FA3E-4291-9867-16E03880AA81.jpeg

• Like 4

Okie B60

Got a picture of the serial number sticker. I'm afraid to try and clean it. I already can't read the numbers. 

20200406_184707.jpg

WHX??
On 3/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, c-series don said:

This may be my next restoration,

Mechanical only Don gets my vote that thing would look cool cleaned up and oiled down! 

Try taking a shot of the SN straight on and angles  and different distances with flash and without Okie. Sometimes you get lucky and can get the number to pop out at you. 

There was a guy close on CL who had an Economy for $600. Non runner tho. Had a loader on it so may have been a Power King. Guy never called me after numerous emails so might have been a CL crazy. 

• Like 1