Sparky

Side shot Saturday... AND SUNDAY !

D_Mac

The 875 is patiently waiting to be put to work. 

20220812_082345.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Sparky

Heavy rain and wind today! The windmill is gonna be whipping this afternoon…if only it generated power :eusa-think:

65DF7A1F-0AC8-4272-BEE5-39FA9B1F081A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8ntruck
4 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Good question. I plowed 3" snow with one 2 weeks ago for the first time. about 30 degrees. 15 minute run time and batteries were at about 82%. This is roughly equivalent to running 1/2 hour in warm west pulling my full train with 7-10 kids...

Not good comparison but closest thing i have... I'm guessing i'll get 20% or so loss due to cold... but that's just a guess... and is of course dependent on temperatures... I will be seeing how it does this winter plowing and do plan to run it down once to time its drop dead run time in the cold...

You are running lead acid batteries, right?  That is well known technology.  There are probably charts describing battery capacity vs temperature out there.

But, I'm retired.  I don't really need to chase that information down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

You are running lead acid batteries, right?  That is well known technology.  There are probably charts describing battery capacity vs temperature out there.

But, I'm retired.  I don't really need to chase that information down.

Yes deep cell marine.

I'm not retired and i'm not going to chase it down either :lol:

For what i use / need it's more than enough...

towing the train 1/2 max.

plowing snow 1/2 hour max.

pulling kids around back yard trail 15 minutes max.

quiet no gas no oil very unique rides - priceless 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

@SylvanLakeWH I must say that I never really wanted an E-141 until I saw how nice yours is. Seeing how much fun you have with it I guess adds to the appeal! So does the quiet and no gas thing!! 

• Thanks 1

Sparky
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

For what i use / need it's more than enough...

towing the train 1/2 max.

plowing snow 1/2 hour max.

pulling kids around back yard trail 15 minutes max.

quiet no gas no oil very unique rides - priceless 

So if it was just used to putt-putt around an antique tractor/farm machinery show it would actually last quite awhile. The only load would be the passenger. 

• Like 4

Pullstart
On 11/28/2022 at 1:26 PM, AMC RULES said:

Screenshot_20221128_125858.jpg.cc0421c35ec1ac44fb3ac33c63d99fc2.jpg

I have a camo one for the deer too.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

EFFFFB99-1919-4BE5-8099-20D3D00D9A7C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
4 hours ago, c-series don said:

@SylvanLakeWH I must say that I never really wanted an E-141 until I saw how nice yours is. Seeing how much fun you have with it I guess adds to the appeal! So does the quiet and no gas thing!! 

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

So if it was just used to putt-putt around an antique tractor/farm machinery show it would actually last quite awhile. The only load would be the passenger. 

just keep in mind that when someone parks it in gear under someone’s said easy up, don’t hit that “on” key without jiggling the shifter to center!  Ask me how someone would know…

• Haha 2

953 nut
12 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I will be seeing how it does this winter plowing and do plan to run it down once to time its drop dead run time in the cold..

Hold on now, you might be able to obtain a Federal Research Grant for that study. Send Mayor Pete, our Transportation Secretary, a letter to see what is available.     :confusion-shrug:    Never know, he was mayor of South Bend and LOVES electric vehicles.        :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 4

8ntruck
28 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

just keep in mind that when someone parks it in gear under someone’s said easy up, don’t hit that “on” key without jiggling the shifter to center!  Ask me how someone would know…

Better yet, make sure the key goes with you when you get off of the tractor.  Though, it seems like there ought to be a safety switch on the seat or something.

• Like 3

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Better yet, make sure the key goes with you when you get off of the tractor.  Though, it seems like there ought to be a safety switch on the seat or something.

There may be one.  The complexity of a silent motor and a new machine, I might have even been sitting on it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
4 hours ago, c-series don said:

They are fun and frankly operate just like my C-105 except quieter. Literally the same tractor and trans...

4 hours ago, Sparky said:

I'm guessing you'd get a good hour plus of full cruise time. No idle just shut off when stopped...

25 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Uhm yeah... er... perhaps that might have uhm, happened er... maybe to me... :hide:

18 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Hold on now, you might be able to obtain a Federal Research Grant for that study. Send Mayor Pete, our Transportation Secretary, a letter to see what is available.     :confusion-shrug:    Never know, he was mayor of South Bend and LOVES electric vehicles.        :laughing-rolling:

I'll pass... I don't see :wh: to :wh: with our Transportation Secretary... :snooty:

18 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

There's a key and a shut off lever to avoid such problems but one needs to remember the shut off... :hide:

10 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

There may be one.  The complexity of a silent motor and a new machine, I might have even been sitting on it!

Perhaps you had just finished toasting with the Wisconsin and Minnesota boys...? :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Perhaps you had just finished toasting with the Wisconsin and Minnesota boys...? :occasion-xmas:

Not me ociffer, it was clean up day!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Rob J.
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

I have a camo one for the deer too.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

EFFFFB99-1919-4BE5-8099-20D3D00D9A7C.jpeg

Is that what you wash your horses with? 😬😜😂

• Haha 2

Sparky

1054 hood ornament..

F17FD320-B09B-460C-8D87-5B5BD92C44B0.jpeg

C165ACF9-8B38-4E11-ADFC-82672ED71915.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Sparky

The first snowfall of the season has started here…

B70942E2-D1DE-4E07-817D-20572B7DFE69.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Partial tractor?

IMG_20221210_164600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

D_Mac

I have a photo of 50% of my 875.

20210809_152451.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

SylvanLakeWH
3 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I have a photo of 50% of my 875

Well then you only get half a :handgestures-thumbupright:...

:D

• Haha 3

Sparky

Few days ago…

A656267A-4684-40C1-A660-8C4213E99218.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1