Stormin

A few Ransomes crawlers.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Great pictures , your friend must have put in many hours getting those tractors in running order.

• Thanks 1

Achto

Thank you sharing these great photo's with us!! I've always had a fascination with crawlers and those are super cool looking machines that your friend has.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Wicked cool stuff Norm!!!

• Thanks 1

Stormin

Most of them have petrol engines, though some are diesels. Again most are started by handle, while a few are electric start. As I've already said, centrifugal clutch. and the throttle is a lever mount on one of the brake/steering levers. You can just see the lever in some of the photo's. Can make driving interesting. :D

• Excellent 2

Pullstart

Awesome stuff!  What kind of money is he looking to fetch on these?  I have never seen one up close.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Thanks for showing us that great peaces of Technic.

I like to see such machines, great work of your Fried Jonathan, to save and recover that.

• Thanks 1

peter lena

thank you stormin !  great pictures  of fascinating  stuff,  we all share an  interest  in smaller equipment  ,  and just showing what's  around your area  only increases that view. interesting that we have an ocean and thousands of miles  between us , yet we are all drawn to older mechanical equipment. great having you on board with  your input, pete

• Thanks 1

Stormin
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Awesome stuff!  What kind of money is he looking to fetch on these?  I have never seen one up close.

Asking £25,000. for the lot. But NOT the digger. Bear in mind, some like number 38 and the skimmers are rare. Buyer collects or pays carriage/freight.  :D

He may be persuaded to sell some individually.  

• Like 1

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Asking £25,000. for the lot. But NOT the digger. Bear in mind, some like number 38 and the skimmers are rare. Buyer collects or pays carriage/freight.  :D

He may be persuaded to sell some individually.  

That sounds like a lot, but for the entire collection I believe that sounds like a fair price for so many tools!