richmondred01

Will The Big Show be Canceled?

WHX??

Thank you Eric we appreciate all you do for the club. Please do keep us posted. 

c-series don

I’m sorry to say most of us expecting this,but it is sad nonetheless. We all know it’s in everyone’s best interest to not have the show. I’m truly saddened because I feel like it’s an annual pilgrimage for me. Since I went to the second or third one I’ve only missed two or three because of important family events. Like my kids graduating high school! I joked and said can’t you just video that so I can go to the big show? Personally I don’t feel like doing it later in the year will be the same. That time of year we have nice long days and warm weather. Sad but I’d say let’s just skip this year and do it in 2021. 

• Sad 2

Buzz

Sadly it was the right decision. Like the old Brooklyn Dodger fans used to say, "wait 'til next year".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

c-series don
10 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Sadly it was the right decision. Like the old Brooklyn Dodger fans used to say, "wait 'til next year".

Hate to say it Buzz, but you’re showing your age when you called them the BROOKLYN dodgers!!! 😂

• Haha 1

ericj

I believe I have attended every show but the very first one. I look for to going every year, I plan my vacation every year. God forbid I miss my wheel horse show. But with that being said it is a decision we didn't want to make and had hoped we wouldn't have to ever do. Unfortunately the time had come and the circumstances to make that very hard decision a reality. We will definitely miss all you who help us make the show what it. Thank you all for your understanding and hopefully we can all get together safe next year:

ericj

• Like 2
  • Heart 3

Greentored

The Coleman lantern collector group’s biggest annual event was cancelled weeks ago- it was supposed to happen last weekend. As bad as that sucked, at least had my first Big Show to look forward to. Understandable, but still really, really sucks.....

plow day, mini meet n greet, anything! Not gonna be able to wait another year to meet you folks and see all the Horses, so one of you’s better start cooking up a plan for something later this summer! 

• Excellent 1

Buzz
On 4/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, c-series don said:

Hate to say it Buzz, but you’re showing your age when you called them the BROOKLYN dodgers!!! 😂

Guilty as charged. Those fans were broken hearted when the bums left.

• Haha 4

857 horse

AM I READING THIS CORRECTLY,???

NO SHOW.???

THIS  MUST BE A HUGH TYPO.........

SIGNED,,,,,,,,,HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 2

c-series don

It’s true Howard, maybe we should start a new thread here for counseling for people like us that are effected by not having the show. 

• Sad 2

WHX??
On 4/22/2020 at 8:29 PM, Greentored said:

Coleman lantern collector group’s biggest annual event

What do you guys do at those shows anyway?? Sit around and get all lit up I suppose....:hilarious:

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 8

bottjernat1

The show in Lagrange Indiana is still a go for now but it isn't till the second week in august.  https://visitindiana.com/events/48739-northeast-steam-and-gas-show I am hoping its still a go. I have been going since i was a kid. There is more and more garden tractors every year! I will keep folks up to date if it is canceled. 

20190810_113919.jpg

• Like 3

squonk
5 hours ago, WHX24 said:

What do you guys do at those shows anyway?? Sit around and get lit up I suppose....:hilarious:

I imagine the moths, gnats and Teetsie Flies really look forward to it!

• Haha 5

Greentored
21 hours ago, WHX24 said:

What do you guys do at those shows anyway?? Sit around and get lit up I suppose....:hilarious:

That would be an epic understatement!  We even light some lanterns too:lol:

• Haha 3

dells68
On 4/22/2020 at 9:29 PM, Greentored said:

The Coleman lantern collector group’s biggest annual event was cancelled weeks ago- it was supposed to happen last weekend. As bad as that sucked, at least had my first Big Show to look forward to. Understandable, but still really, really sucks.....

plow day, mini meet n greet, anything! Not gonna be able to wait another year to meet you folks and see all the Horses, so one of you’s better start cooking up a plan for something later this summer! 

I’ve said for years that we need a southern meet and greet like those northern boys.  Get on it @Greentored!!!:banana-dreads:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

@Greentored 
Hope to be moved in shortly after summer. If you need to see some tractors that bad, I’ll line mine up in the yard and you can mow for me. Look at them every time you go around. It will be like the Friday night cruise but just with the same six tractors sitting there. I’ll draw you up a t shirt, play you some music, grill some brats and have cold drinks. Might even jump on a tractor and follow you around. I believe your about 2.5/3 hours from where I’ll be. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 3

WHX??

Not a bad idea Richie.. MN boys come 4 hrs to my events... course they go alot further to rustle :ph34r: :lol:

• Haha 3

953 nut
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

2.5/3 hours

:confusion-confused:            Is that anything like 3 2/3 hours?               :ychain:            

• Haha 2

19richie66
19 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:            Is that anything like 3 2/3 hours?               :ychain:            

Ok let me go real slow here........

two   and   a  half   to   three   hours  :laughing-rolling: 

• Haha 4

Greentored
6 hours ago, dells68 said:

I’ve said for years that we need a southern meet and greet like those northern boys.  Get on it @Greentored!!!:banana-dreads:

Probably need to attend an event first to get an idea how to plan it ha. 

Ya know, there’s a beautiful campground down here on the New river that hosts a VW bus club weekend, they basically take over the entire campground. Plenty of dirt roads and backwoods trails to cruise too! I’m pretty tight with the owners. Ya see where this is headed, right? 

• Heart 3

dells68
2 hours ago, Greentored said:

Probably need to attend an event first to get an idea how to plan it ha. 

Ya know, there’s a beautiful campground down here on the New river that hosts a VW bus club weekend, they basically take over the entire campground. Plenty of dirt roads and backwoods trails to cruise too! I’m pretty tight with the owners. Ya see where this is headed, right? 

You wouldn’t be referring to the high country bus festival would you buddy?!  Sounds like an excellent idea to me!  Several VA and NC members that I bet would come!

Greentored
57 minutes ago, dells68 said:

You wouldn’t be referring to the high country bus festival would you buddy?!  Sounds like an excellent idea to me!  Several VA and NC members that I bet would come!

Yes sir I believe that may be it! 

The chances of getting in there now are slim to none, well, hell, we can’t go anyhow til all this corona crap is straightened out. Normally they’re pretty open by September. 

In the mean time, I’m open to hosting something at my place- out in the country, plenty of camping room, a small field area if anyone wanted to do a sled pull, fire pit for cookouts, a 22x50 garage, etc... huge field out back, could talk to the farmer about a trail ride, maybe plow if he doesn’t plant, which he hasn’t yet. 

I only have an acre so hosting a big show probably won’t work haha. 

• Excellent 2

19richie66

I’ll have 7 acres to play on for the time being till my oldest builds his house. Hope to cut a couple trails in the woods outback, that is if I can still walk after I get done with this move. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

dells68
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I’ll have 7 acres to play on for the time being till my oldest builds his house. Hope to cut a couple trails in the woods outback, that is if I can still walk after I get done with this move. 😂

Don’t know whether to laugh at you buddy or give you an excellent!  You know we’re up for a visit to Ritchieland anytime (see what I did there?:ROTF:), but I’m right there with you!  Been fixing an unfinished den in the basement and between that and moving rock to repair flooding damage, I’m just about whipped!!!!:banana-explosion:

• Sad 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, Greentored said:

Ya know, there’s a beautiful campground down here on the New river

That is about a three hour drive for me.                :handgestures-thumbupright:                 Sounds like it could be a fun outing.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Greentored

Once this corona garbage clears up i’ll make some contacts and keep you all posted. 

In the meantime, if anyone is up for a meet n greet here in N.C. say the word. I’ll put one together right now, corona be damned- we’ll just skip the handshakes, wash our hands and put our lawn chairs 6ft away 😆

Edited by Greentored
  • Heart 1