hotajax

Need Really Great Tools at a Reasonable Price? Genius Brand

hotajax

I don't know where they're made ( suspect India ), but they maintain an office in CA.   I bought a set of universal sockets in 1/4" drive to work on a Yamaha outboard, and their quality is on par with Snap On for half the price. It was very important that the universal socket hold its position until I could get it on the bolt, and it performed flawlessly.   Also bought a pretty heavy duty torque wrench. Tolerances are tight, and the fit on fasteners and sockets is first rate.  Also come with a lifetime warranty.  You may have to spend a few minutes looking around for a dealer on the 'net, but it's worth your time.  I most heartily recommend them.  I can't find any fault with them other than their distribution outlets are sort of limited. 

Digger 66

I have a Genius wholesaler about ten minutes from me .

dalez
41 minutes ago, hotajax said:

It was very important that the universal socket hold its position until I could get it on the bolt, and it performed flawlessly.

My son is an auto mechanic and he told me he wraps electrical tape to hold them till they get on the bolt. Tried it and it worked.

• Like 1

ZXT
1 hour ago, dalez said:

wraps electrical tape to hold them

This is what I've always done! Never had a universal socket that would hold the way that I wanted it to, so this is the next best thing.

953 nut
1 hour ago, dalez said:

My son is an auto mechanic and he told me he wraps electrical tape to hold them till they get on the bolt. Tried it and it worked.

:text-yeahthat:             Duct tape works well too.

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:             Duct tape works well too.

I’ve got a bit worn out universal and it’s wrapped in duct tape too :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

cafoose
23 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I’ve got a bit worn out universal and it’s wrapped in duct tape too :handgestures-thumbupright:

I use tape on universals all the time :banana-wrench:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

One of these days... I’ll open this Husky set and give it a good flogging test...

0C7D7D47-629B-4119-9492-8D884DFFA4BE.jpeg

• Like 2

tom2p
5 hours ago, hotajax said:

I don't know where they're made ( suspect India ), but they maintain an office in CA.   I bought a set of universal sockets in 1/4" drive to work on a Yamaha outboard, and their quality is on par with Snap On for half the price. It was very important that the universal socket hold its position until I could get it on the bolt, and it performed flawlessly.   Also bought a pretty heavy duty torque wrench. Tolerances are tight, and the fit on fasteners and sockets is first rate.  Also come with a lifetime warranty.  You may have to spend a few minutes looking around for a dealer on the 'net, but it's worth your time.  I most heartily recommend them.  I can't find any fault with them other than their distribution outlets are sort of limited. 

I believe they are made in Taiwan 

( most at least )

hotajax
On 3/17/2020 at 5:35 PM, Digger 66 said:

I have a Genius wholesaler about ten minutes from me .

Who might that be? 

Digger 66
17 hours ago, hotajax said:

Who might that be? 

They are the .. I guess the supply branch , when I did LTL freight they were one of our shippers .

They're on Cobham Dr. in Orchard Park NY .

I used to go in there a couple times a week and get one or two pallets each time .

They're the Atlantic Distribution center .

https://www.mapquest.com/us/new-york/genius-tools-atlantic-inc-21498012