Pullstart

Home Depot sale on Husky 270 pc sets!

Pullstart

Similar to the Craftsman / ACE sales at Christmas, my local HD has these 270 PC Husky sets on sale for $99!  They are lifetime warranty and HD’s policy has always been pretty outstanding in the past, so I don’t expect this to be different for tools.

I bought 4 sets of the Craftsman 240 pc sets and gave 3 away at Christmas time, but I’m sure I can find a place to stick these!  

6A5F252A-9301-44EB-9A42-5DBF26E1E542.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

WHX??

I didn't get a damn thing for christmas but a stick with a nail and coal in a shoe.... I think your hoarding... them! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 4

Pullstart

Nobody bought me the tools for Christmas... you could have found some too!

WHX??

Yah??? Well Dan is gonna make enchiladas for plow day this year and it's all gonna be gone 'for you get here! :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Yah??? Well Dan is gonna make enchiladas for plow day this year and it's all gonna be gone 'for you get here! :ychain:

I’ll get my iron from unused Husky drive bits and plow more than you.  :teasing-neener:

• Haha 3

WHX??

Yah well I usually just eat a box of 16 penny nails and crap out a tool set... I can do some drive bits you like... what's yer flavor .. torx.. philips??? 

1 hour ago, pullstart said:

and plow more than you.  

You most certainly will you use one of my plow horses.... I'm gonna have a couple of "rental" tractors this year! :D Ain't that right Tom... heard tell you guys took a liken to some other members builds ... with good reason! :lol:

20191019_115612.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 2

cafoose

Pullstart

rmaynard
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

Maybe just my local store selling them...  maybe  I should have grabbed the whole stack!

Reminds me of the time when Home Depot was selling Rigid Power Tools. They had a great line of table saws, thickness planers, and planer/jointers. There were heavy beasts, but they came with a lift so you could move it around, then step on a lever and it would lower to the floor making it unmovable. These lifts sold online for $85.00 plus shipping. So I was in my local store and in the back of the tool section they had a stack of these lifts with yellow clearance tags for $4.00 each. I bought all of them. At least 10 of them. I used one on my thickness planer, and sold the rest on eBay for $85.00 each (S&H included). 

lift.jpg.020262b7916422c8c6a0dd82992587f0.jpg

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard

By the way, my Home Depot does not have that set on sale. Might be a local thing.

• Sad 1

peter lena

whx24 , back in the day, one of my older sisters was on a real house terror run , and at christmas time , she did get a lump of coal and little else , she learned a very tough lesson with that, and did a complete turn around , the good old days, pete

• Thanks 1

Bill D

My mother in law works at Home Depot.  Anytime you see a yellow sticker on something it means it has been discontinued.  If it's something you really like, buy whatever they have left.  

• Thanks 2

Pullstart
On 3/5/2020 at 11:15 AM, Bill D said:

My mother in law works at Home Depot.  Anytime you see a yellow sticker on something it means it has been discontinued.  If it's something you really like, buy whatever they have left.  

Well, these sets were nowhere to be found tonight.  They must’ve sold ‘em all like you said!  

I even found a $93 in store credit in my wallet that I had forgotten about...

• Excellent 1